LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-02-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I would watch Attack of the Show more, if my television got G4. I have basic cable. Only our two upstairs televisions get Digital and usually when it's on, someone else in the house is watching it (my grandmother has digital in her room and my parents watch the television they have in the living room, which has Digital). Watching G4 is a rarity, but the station hasn't been good in years, imo. I miss all of t he old shows G4 used to show, like G4TV and Judgment Day and Filter and Cinematech and old reruns of Starcade.
Nowdays they have been lazy with COPS reruns...but AotS and some of the other original programming makes it worth it.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-02-2009, 08:14 AM

Oh, does G4 also still show Cheaters? Another show that just doesn't belong on that station.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-02-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Oh, does G4 also still show Cheaters? Another show that just doesn't belong on that station.
They did...but I haven't seen it on lately. They have been doing "movies that don't suck" and have chosen good ones (TRON, Blade Runner, etc.). The AVN Awards thing kind of weirds me out, though.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TheAmazingOti (Offline)
New to JF

02-03-2009, 03:34 PM

Not to ruin this discussion or anything, but I'm about to. :P

We've found a flight and hotel plan we think could work for us. We would fly into the Narita International Airport and stay at the Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel. Apparently there's a free shuttle bus running between the two and, to make things easier, there's a free shuttle bus running from the hotel to the nearest major railway.

My question now is, first of all, am I right about the buses? Also, what would my train routes be to Midoriyama Studios and Muscle Park? They're both fairly far away now and I just want to make sure I know the routes.

Also, how many employees will be able to speak English? It's doesn't have to be fluent, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need help in all the stations and hotel and stuff.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-03-2009, 03:48 PM

Good luck to you. I admire anyone with the guts to go all the way to Japan to get on a gameshow. Just remember, they love crazy Gaijin. Do something that they will remember.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
TheAmazingOti (Offline)
New to JF

02-03-2009, 05:16 PM

I'll try, hopefully without offending them.

Thanks.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

02-03-2009, 10:08 PM

So whilst we are on the topic, and excuse me if it has been asked before, how would one go about being in the studio audience for a japanese game show? Would be amazing to be an actual contestant but just being in the audience seems like a more attainable goal.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

02-03-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingOti View Post
Also, how many employees will be able to speak English? It's doesn't have to be fluent, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need help in all the stations and hotel and stuff.
If you stay at the Hilton you will have no problem finding English speaking staff. My understanding is that it is a policy of the Hilton Chain for all floor staff to speak English. I was at the Hilton in Hefei, China, and EVERYONE spoke english.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-03-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingOti View Post
Not to ruin this discussion or anything, but I'm about to. :P

We've found a flight and hotel plan we think could work for us. We would fly into the Narita International Airport and stay at the Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel. Apparently there's a free shuttle bus running between the two and, to make things easier, there's a free shuttle bus running from the hotel to the nearest major railway.

My question now is, first of all, am I right about the buses? Also, what would my train routes be to Midoriyama Studios and Muscle Park? They're both fairly far away now and I just want to make sure I know the routes.

The hotel staff should be able to speak English, but I would not count on anyone on the show's staff to be able to speak English. In major train stations someone will be able to help you for sure. In smaller one, it's a crap shoot.

The hotel is fine, but you should know that it is close to the airport, and basically nothing else. That area is basically nothing, so if you want to site-see or enjoy anything outside of the hotel you should stay either in Tokyo or closer to Mt. Midoriyama. Narita is a painfully lonely and boring area.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheAmazingOti (Offline)
New to JF

02-04-2009, 12:54 AM

Discoiskinky, the only way you can be in the Sasuke audience is if one of the competitiors is your family or close friend. Maybe you could say I sent you? :P

In the smaller airports, stick to younger people and use simple English, right?

As for sight-seeing, I understand how empty everything is (I saw it on Google Earth) but I'm alright with it for now. My main goals are to get to Muscle Park a few times and Midoriyama. I want to go clothing and souvenir shopping, but from what I've read, the hotel has a clothing store in it. Also, Muscle Park is in a mall.