LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

Send a message via MSN to SeeD
1374km walk from Nagasaki to Tokyo - 02-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Heya guys,
after my last year trip to Tokyo (my old thread with pictures) I have decided to go back to Japan in 2010 and walk from Nagasaki to Tokyo.. :] That would be distance of 1374km (854miles). I have done some long distance walking before so i know what i can expect. ;] I think 3 months time for that task is more then enough. Cities on my list are: start in Nagasaki then Saga, Fukuoka, Yamaguchi, Hiroshima, Okayama, Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya, Shizuoka, Yokohama, and finally Tokyo. So guys if u could give me some advice about places or diffrent cities worth my visit and which are on way from Nagasaki to Tokyo I would be more than happy Its still over a year to do it so I want to plan everything as good as I can and be prepared for all exceptions. Oh and by walkin i mean no hitchhiking just walking without use of any kind of public transportation Just me and my tent ;] and some hotels sometimes ;] oh does anyone here tried camping in Japan ? are there any rules that I should know about ?
Below my initial trip map ;D

you dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Family:
My personnal puppet master - Suki
Brother - Thunda, pandayanyan
Little Sisters - Hoshichan, Ayame90, cassiechan, QuoyaNatsume, MusicLuver, Sachiko
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM

there was an american guy who walked the lenght of Japan, you might want to have a look at his movie: Kintaro Walks Japan

I think you will have a great time!

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-06-2009, 11:13 AM

Wow dude. That sounds amazing. I really wish I had the health to do something so adventerous!

Firebird, thanks for the Vid! Really nice watch!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
alexlovesrock (Offline)
JF Regular

02-06-2009, 02:48 PM

have fun!!! sounds cool dude!!!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-06-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Wow dude. That sounds amazing. I really wish I had the health to do something so adventerous!

Firebird, thanks for the Vid! Really nice watch!
Or the money for it. Not to mention he can't work during this time, meaning no income, while he needs to use money when he is there...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

02-06-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Or the money for it. Not to mention he can't work during this time, meaning no income, while he needs to use money when he is there...
yes money is really important thing when it comes to journey like this. I already talk to my boss and he agreed for a month of paid holiday, but 2 other months will be unpaid :/ but still, till may next year i should easily have gather enough money for my trip to be able to survive ;] and have fun so guys any ideas of places or areas worth visit on my way to Tokyo ?

Family:
Little Sisters - Hoshichan, Ayame90, cassiechan, QuoyaNatsume, MusicLuver, Sachiko
(#7 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2009, 04:12 PM

On a side note Tyler MacNiven (one of the guys who walked across Japan) won the Amazing Race a few years ago!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-06-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeD View Post
yes money is really important thing when it comes to journey like this. I already talk to my boss and he agreed for a month of paid holiday, but 2 other months will be unpaid :/ but still, till may next year i should easily have gather enough money for my trip to be able to survive ;] and have fun so guys any ideas of places or areas worth visit on my way to Tokyo ?
Many options there... for sure you are stopping at Osaka and Kyoto... drop by Sakai to look at those keyhole shaped tomb.... plenty of onsen cities along shore to Tokyo
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

02-06-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Many options there... for sure you are stopping at Osaka and Kyoto... drop by Sakai to look at those keyhole shaped tomb.... plenty of onsen cities along shore to Tokyo
thanks for a tip didnt know about those keyhole tombs ;]

Family:
(#10 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-07-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeD View Post
thanks for a tip didnt know about those keyhole tombs ;]
Yeah, i am interested in that stuff, but some people may not be.. so.. do some research on your own first the tombs are call Kofun...