LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-23-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
As long as you have a return ticket and don`t plan to do anything like working (which you would require a different visa for) - Yes, that`s all you have to do.
Japan has a tourism exchange thing going with the US, so citizens of the two countries are granted a 90 tourist visa upon entry into the other. The return ticket isn`t for financial stability, just to make it clear that you plan on leaving and not overstaying your visa.

As for luggage not making it, well, that`s up to the airline. Some airlines and airports have better reputations than others. The Japan side is quite efficient - the US side, not so much so.
Its not just an arrangement with the state. Here is a list of countries thats part of this exemptions

Education Japan | Visas | Agreements

/G
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-23-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Its not just an arrangement with the state. Here is a list of countries thats part of this exemptions

Education Japan | Visas | Agreements

/G
I realize that it`s not only the US that is part of the exemption, but the original poster stated that they were from the US - so they`re probably going to be most interested in what applies to them.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-23-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I realize that it`s not only the US that is part of the exemption, but the original poster stated that they were from the US - so they`re probably going to be most interested in what applies to them.
Owned.

猿も木から落ちる
(#14 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-23-2009, 05:35 PM

For some reason I think I remember being asked how much money I was bringing into the country-- but it may or may not have been a requirement by the customs people
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tturtle (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-23-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
For some reason I think I remember being asked how much money I was bringing into the country-- but it may or may not have been a requirement by the customs people
Yes. I remember there being a form where this is asked, but the amount is a lot although I don't remember exactly how much. When you get to that question just put a number down that is that amount or less and you will be fine.

Has anyone checked the coring room?