JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nightops (Offline)
New to JF

03-22-2009, 03:46 PM

Well, its finally happend. The first time in 6 vactions that I can not find a hotel in the city that I want to stay in. I've booked an Osaka hotel from March 28 to April 2 and wanted to stay in Kyoto from the 2nd to the 7th. I'm having troubles finding a room between the 3rd and 5th.

If nothing else, I will try to stay in Osaka for those dates, but before I extend my room, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some hotels (or suburb hotels) just outside of the Kyoto city area but still closer then a 30min train ride from Osaka.

I realize 30minutes isnt a long time for a day trip, however when your not familiar with the train station, ticket counter, departure platforms, and the language, the 30min ride can quickly turn into 90 minutes to get from one place to the next.

yeah... I know.. my fault for trying to plan a vaction the week before going, but I'm a contractor working 84 hours every week without days off. Any suggestions on alternatives would help out a whole lot.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-22-2009, 03:48 PM

You could do Kobe or Nara those dates...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nightops (Offline)
New to JF

04-19-2009, 12:00 PM

I just wanted to say thanks to the people who gave their helpful advice to me. I had a great time in Japan and loved everyplace I went to (Kanazawa, Himeji, Nara, Osaka, Kyoto). I was able to spend some time in Kyoto during the height of the cherry blossom season and really enjoyed the time.

Anyway, thanks again for the help and advice.