JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
zizanio (Offline)
New to JF

Few days in Japan - Need advices - 03-27-2009, 11:46 PM

Dear all,

I will go in Japan in May. I've heard that Japan has holidays in the begining of may; is everything closed? or most of the shops are open?

The main reason I go to Japan is to visit some supplyers (car exporters) but I want also to meet new supplyers (car exporters and damaged cars yards). Where do you think I should go? Which area?

I didn't buy my ticket now so I can go wherever it is easier for me to visit then the supplyers.

Also, I would like to know if it is expensive to rent a car in japan (a normal car, even a small one). I know that it is quite expensive to own a car over there and to run it (parking and everything..). But is it expensive just to rent one?

Thanks for your help
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-30-2009, 04:50 PM

Yup, golden week. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(Japan)

As for car supplier, you will have to check, there are a few exporters in Nagoya. I am not sure if they will be open for business

Renting isn't expensive, but as you said, parking and running the car will be expensive.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
zizanio (Offline)
New to JF

04-05-2009, 02:19 PM

Ok thanks !

Finally, I will go sooner, around the 18th of April, for 10days. Will stay in Tokyo and Osaka most of the time.

I will have to stop also in Shizuoka so I was thinking to go there when I will leave from Tokyo to Osaka. What is the best way? Which train is not too expensive and stops in Shizuoka or near it?

Thanks