LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

04-14-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobioni View Post
ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS? the consulate in nagoya said that i could only do it through a travel agency
Err I've been to the Chinese consulate to apply for my Chinese visitors visa, all you need is to fill a form, pay $$ and 7 days later, you got it. Anyway give the Chinese consulate a call is the best option.

As you are a US citizen, you will be charged a lot more than Japanese nationals.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
shinobioni (Offline)
New to JF

04-14-2009, 09:28 AM

Yes I am. Also I am living in Nagoya and only staying for one year in Japan... can i still get this visa.

Guys this is very important to me, i am trying to see my girlfriend who i have not seen for NINE months... please let me know
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

04-14-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Yes I am. Also I am living in Nagoya and only staying for one year in Japan... can i still get this visa.

Guys this is very important to me, i am trying to see my girlfriend who i have not seen for NINE months... please let me know
Of course you can, nobody cares where you are now. The Chinese consulate won't even care if you are staying in Japan illegally (not saying you are of course), all they care is your nationality so they can rip you off appropriately. The Visa process is just one giant revenue raising scam really, just tick the visiting relatives checkbox and provide a plausable address of residence and that's all they need to rubber stamp the whole thing.

You can choose from 30, 60 or 90 day visa, they will determine this based on the period of intended stay. You can extend this visa while you are in China to a maximum total of 180 days.

Now what you do need to make sure is that whatever visa you are on now to let you stay in Japan allow multiple entries into the country.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
shinobioni (Offline)
New to JF

04-14-2009, 12:04 PM

That is not a problem. AT All... I would prefer not to lie. Ok, so nagoyas consulate cant get me a visa, they say... If i went to tokyo, on the form it asks for my school, which is nanzan, here in nagoya, and also my home adress, what did you put down for your home adress? the one in the states or the one here in Japan.

Also what type of visa were u on and was it for more than one year?

In chinese, does my girlfriend count as my relative? if so, should i give her adress and such?

you have been really helpful, but please, keep helping me.

Love, by the way, makes you do crazy things, if i can do this, tomorrow i board a train to tokyo, then stay overnight. go to the office in the morning, get all my stuff sorted, request super fast express thing for more money. get it done, then come back and pick it up two days later.

By the way, what nationality are you?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

04-14-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
"Tourism Visa (L) to the Chinese mainland

(ONLY FOR THE ALIENS HOLDING A JAPANESE LONG-STAY VISA (MORE THAN ONE YEAR))

a. Please see the above-mentioned basic requirements.
"
b. A Chinese hotel reservation certificate and a two-way ticket

c. For Japanese citizen, visa is not needed within 15 days stay. You should ask a travel agency to apply the tourism visa if you will stay in China over 15 days.

d. An approval notice from China Tibet Tourism Bureau (http://www.tibettour.org/chinatibett...oban/index.asp) for applying for a visa to travel to Tibet"

there you go.... do i have to be a citizen or permanent resident to go? please please please please say no
sry, i still fail to see where it says that you have to be a japanese citizen to go to china, or a PR-holder for that matter. just listen to kirakira and u will most likely be fine. or you can let a travel agency take care of it, for a fee of course.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
※オウ オウ オウオウ 阪神タイガース フレ フレ フレフレ
(#16 (permalink))
Old
shinobioni (Offline)
New to JF

04-14-2009, 01:14 PM

no time, im going during golden week, can i do this at the consulate? or do i have to go to the embassy in tokyo personally? which is easier?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
alexlovesrock (Offline)
JF Regular

04-14-2009, 01:40 PM

Where will you go in China??
(#18 (permalink))
Old
shinobioni (Offline)
New to JF

04-14-2009, 01:55 PM

Beijing, can anyone asnwer my questions
(#19 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

04-14-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Beijing, can anyone asnwer my questions
The form is pretty self explainatory. You put your residential address which is in Japan of course and you put down your g/f's address and yes you can consider her as a relo or you can put down as a tourist, but look it's not an exact science and the consulate isn't going to care either unless you are a terrorist.

If you are desparate, go to the consulate, pay them double and they will issue you a visitor's visa ON THE DAY.

You should be able to download the form from the consulate website.

Consulate, embassay, they all issue visas, so to you it won't make a difference.