JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Happyandcontent (Offline)
New to JF

Tetayama Kurobe Route - 04-20-2009, 02:55 PM

Hi, I am planning to go to the Tetayama Kurobe Route next month. I did a search in the forum but there was none on it

I have never been there so I am not sure if I should base myself at Toyama. I plan to stay at the Toyoko Inn at Sakura-machi Toyama-city. Is that the right place to base myself in?

I intend to do day trips over the Tetayama Kurobe Route e.g go in the morning then make my way back to Toyoma for the night and then move out again on the next morning again if I can't complete the route in the first day. ( I find the hotels on the route too expensive for a small time traveller like me , so dun think its possible for me to stay along the route)

Do you think its feasible for me to plan as above?? I looked at the map and guide but I can't get a good feel of how big the place is... Anyone living there and knows the place well??
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

04-20-2009, 06:50 PM

Your plans should be feasible enough. If you can base yourself in Tateyama instead of Toyama, however, it would be much easier. You won't regret a visit to this part of the country.

I hear they'll have a 15-meter-tall wall of snow at Murodo this year. You can see it if you are there between April 17 and end of May.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ootani.jpg (89.4 KB, 22 views)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-21-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
Your plans should be feasible enough. If you can base yourself in Tateyama instead of Toyama, however, it would be much easier. You won't regret a visit to this part of the country.

I hear they'll have a 15-meter-tall wall of snow at Murodo this year. You can see it if you are there between April 17 and end of May.
That is really cool, I always wanted to go take pictures of it, never have the time though....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-21-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
AWESOME!

*Loves snow a bit TOO much*

A Troo with a View - Travel blog, Troo style.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

04-21-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Hi! Thanks for the advice, pardon me for my geography and silly question, I can't find much info on hotels there ...and then I googled and found tateyama city as below which shows it on the eastern side of Japan
Are there 2 Tateyama in japan?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-21-2009, 12:52 PM

There are indeed two Tateyama. One is the city in Chiba, the other a smaller town in Toyama. It'll be the Toyama one you want

[ Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route Officail Guide ] - including information on useful hotels.

A Troo with a View - Travel blog, Troo style.

Last edited by Troo : 04-21-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Found a handy link.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

04-21-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyandcontent View Post
Hi! Thanks for the advice, pardon me for my geography and silly question, I can't find much info on hotels there ...and then I googled and found tateyama city as below which shows it on the eastern side of Japan
Are there 2 Tateyama in japan?
Your Tateyama = 立山. This is in Toyama Prefecture.

The other Tateyama = 館山. It's in Chiba Prefecture, which is next to Tokyo.

Hotels in 立山:
http://reserve.4travel.jp/domestic/h...tateyamamachi/

http://www.jalan.net/a/no/180000/NO_102296.html

You probably have this site: [ Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route Officail Guide ]
(#8 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

04-22-2009, 01:22 PM

ohhhhh...thank you so much!