JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Dangerous Japanese men? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/25006-dangerous-japanese-men.html)

Troo 05-14-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 716377)
Now I am not sure what you mean.

What I mean is that in the hectic ratrace that is Tokyo, there is a greater population density, a larger number of salarymen, and a widespread culture of turning up to work at 7am then hanging with the boss until gone midnight nearly every night of the week.

As far west as you are using as an example, the population density is lower, and while Japanese companies retain that employee loyalty, I don't believe they leverage it quite so often to force their employees to go out on the lash every night. Thus more salarymen are more likely to be using the train during two distinct rush hours, whereas Tokyo's salarymen are more likely to be getting home anytime between 6pm and 1am, so are spread out more across seven hours rather than all using the train during one or two in the evening.

Therefore it makes more sense that they have ladies' cars both morning and evening, and Tokyo's trains have only morning ladies' cars :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 716378)
The original title of the thread was "Ive". I had no choice but to change it. If you can suggest a better title, then I am more than open to suggestions.

I'm not saying you were wrong to do so. I'm saying people responding to the OP's question could do with reading the OP's question rather than just reacting to the thread's title.

Jaydelart 05-14-2009 08:57 AM

I've heard Japanese men can be scared of gaijin women -- or gaijin in general.
So, as far as that will take you, that means less Japanese men kawaii'ing all over you.

ozkai 05-14-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 716387)
I've heard Japanese men can be scared of gaijin women

I can understand their feelings!

We had a store in a Sydney suburb where the women would go out at night and the men would stay home!

ozkai 05-14-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 715939)
There is no shortage of places to get drunk at any hour of the day or night in Osaka.

I am not sure what you mean.

Something about you saying "we" shouldn't talk about salarymen.

I think, at least for I, living in Japan stereotypes your "average" Japanese man in the street or train as a "salaryman", or is that just me?

Having said that, we did have a weirdo, and I mean this guy was weird and BIG, full Japanese, lived down the road, and his girl used to feed the feral cats nightly while he prowled the back laneways.

Piddy 05-14-2009 09:59 PM

So is it alright as a tourist to walk around in central Tokyo for example, walking around downtown at decent hours (11am - 7pm or so) without getting mollested or something similar? Is there only a threat if you get drunk in the middle of the night in bars, or should you keep your eyes open 24/7?

I'd like to study some in japan for a couple of weeks this summer but I have no idea what it really is like over there, am I safe as long as I stay out of the shadier areas or are there shady people everywhere? I'm a little blonde so I get a bit worried, don't know wether I can stay there on my own or not.

ChisaChi 05-15-2009 03:06 AM

I got the impression that Japan is probably one of the safest countries to go travelling alone. I am thinking about it more that I'm planning on going on holiday to Japan by myself though. Obviously some things are common sense - staying away from dodgy areas, not getting crazy drunk, staying with crowds etc. But to what extent (as a girl) do you need to be cautious? There are places where going anywhere as a foreigner on your own at any time is inviting trouble, and then there are places where a girl can walk on her own in the middle of the night and not get hassled at all.

ozkai 05-15-2009 03:30 AM

• Myth: Japanese men are either asexual or sex-hungry monsters
  • Fact: 40% of Japanese Men Sit Down to Pee
I have also heard from Western women that Japanese men make extremely good lovers;)

electricalice 06-02-2009 10:02 AM

........deleted.

ASAGIRI 12-23-2009 10:02 PM

心配しなくても狙われないから安心しろ、馬鹿馬鹿しい 。
自惚れるなよ。朝から気分悪くなった・・・

shinagawa 01-01-2010 12:45 PM

スレ主の頭のおめでたさは、新年に相応しいなw
その頭じゃ毎日が幸せだろう?w