LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Dzunku (Offline)
New to JF

You are safer in Japan. - 01-07-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricalice View Post
durr everyone knows they love western everything why are manga charecters hardly ver asian looking>?
Those interest to the western world has gradually gotten lower and lower after peaked around 60's. Young generation there has much less interest to the outside world including foreign women fortunately for you. This is apparent if you just glance girlie magazines on bookstore or newsstand. You see very few foreign faces nowadays.

Even if you are cute as you said, you have to speak Japanese fluently and show it off that you are available for them just to approach you. Otherwise they won't bother getting into a complicated situation. They are shy and reserved people.

I am not saying that there are no crazy guys there. But a chance of encountering them is much much lower in any circumstance than in any other country.

In recent years, crime committed by foreigners has become an issue in this otherwise safe country. So behave yourself and leave a good impression to them. I know you will get good impression from Japan.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
fatalbert130 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-08-2010, 11:49 PM

Foreigners of Japan increased, and crimes increased.

I still think that it is the safest country in the world.

YouTube - 外国人が見た日本 忘れ物が届く国
(#63 (permalink))
Old
hitotsz (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAGIRI View Post
心配しなくても狙われないから安心しろ、馬鹿馬鹿しい 。
自惚れるなよ。朝から気分悪くなった・・・
Koreans say that expression 'from the morning' a lot, as in 'I started off the day with a [good/bad happening]'

I was singing a song in ranchat.com and several people said "thanks for the good song from the morning." (아침부터 좋은 노래 감사합니다) Just "from" the morning in English doesn't have the exact feeling of the Korea and Japanese. In America I heard somebody say "I started my day with [somebody saying f word making me in a bad mood]"
(#64 (permalink))
Old
tetsume (Offline)
New to JF

02-12-2011, 10:07 PM

i can just said my opinion...but at least i think it will be almost the same like most posts already added...
when i was in japan everybody was just so kind to me...i ha d lusk on people i´ve met...in my school, seems like every guy who see me, started to scream "bijin"(beauty), ask for my name, where i´´m from etc. ...but they were so nice and kind...not like the strangers...and i think if they were alone, with no other guys, they just didn´t say to me nothing...even when i went in the streets it happend to me a lots of time, that someone started to flirt with me and invited to some bars... even when i had a speech to all school...some boys scream out something like "Bijin, totemo kirei" etc...but still you are for them just an attraction...they actually don´t have any serios relation to you...they know you will gone one day and see in that a chance to flirt...and thats all...i think

i think japan is safest country...and maybe that´s true...
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-12-2011, 10:10 PM

This thread has obvious Japanese bashing in it. It should be closed.

"Thanks for playing"
(#66 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-13-2011, 04:11 AM

Japan -> so ridiculously safe it's weird, honestly

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
steel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-13-2011, 05:00 AM

If you're an average Japanese male and even the average gaijin male, in an average neighborhood, probably so.

However, if you add the following factors, the probabilities can sky-rocket upward:

1. You are a woman - Japanese or otherwise - who returns home late at night, either from work or from drinking.
2. You're a foreign woman that stands out physically - eg. blonde hair, tall, and/or attractive.
3. You drink alcohol at night.
4. You live in a ground floor residence.
5. You live in one of the 'crime hot spots' like shown in the Tokyo Metropolitan Police sites: http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/...hi/yoku_av.htm

Chances are if you match two or more of the above criteria, you have some fucked up stories to tell.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-13-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel View Post
If you're an average Japanese male and even the average gaijin male, in an average neighborhood, probably so.

However, if you add the following factors, the probabilities can sky-rocket upward:

1. You are a woman - Japanese or otherwise - who returns home late at night, either from work or from drinking.
2. You're a foreign woman that stands out physically - eg. blonde hair, tall, and/or attractive.
3. You drink alcohol at night.
4. You live in a ground floor residence.
5. You live in one of the 'crime hot spots' like shown in the Tokyo Metropolitan Police sites:

Chances are if you match two or more of the above criteria, you have some fucked up stories to tell.
That's fair enough . . . but those criteria surely apply to anywhere? I mean it doesn't matter if I'm in America, Japan, South Africa or India . . . if I was a hot, blonde foriegner that was drunk and alone in a notorious crime spot I think it's only logical that I'd attract some attention. You get criminals anywhere, so anyone in those stated criteria is putting themselves at risk. It's commonsense.

I think the original post was something like 'are Japanese men in particular dangerous', or at least that's the vibe I get without rereading a bunch of posts years old . . . If that's the case then I don't think your criteria or a bunch of other people's anecdotes count for much. Japan has one of the lowest crime rates that I know - its rates for violent crimes are four times lower of that in the UK (last time I checked). If you ask me that simply proves one fact: crimes still happen, but far less than they do elsewhere. Does that make Japanese men "dangerous" as the thread asks? No. It makes people as a whole dangerous, with some simply more or less so than others.

Final comment: take precautions, use commonsense, stay sharp, and just act as you would in any other country in regards to avoiding crimes.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-13-2011, 02:12 PM

Japanese male is considerably a hazard, and take care.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff