JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Dangerous Japanese men? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/25006-dangerous-japanese-men.html)

electricalice 05-07-2009 01:21 PM

Dangerous Japanese men?

*insert ludicrous, adolescent, juvenile teenage concern from years ago over hypothetical Japan trip *

Eminee 05-07-2009 01:40 PM

:confused:

Where did you hear that japanese men will prey on white girls?

From my research, you couldn't be more wrong.

Polar 05-07-2009 02:03 PM

I think you would be just fine.

As aways you would use common sense but I saw tons of women walking down alleys that I wouldn't walk down anywhere else BUT Tokyo during the evening.

ozkai 05-07-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electricalice (Post 711469)
never been to Japan but id really like to go one day because i find the culture and art interesting...the only problem is ive heard you have to be careful if you are a white girl in Japan because some japanese men will prey on you....also i am quite a babyfaced 'cute' type of girl and have had trouble enough with males in England....would it be advisable to go in a group of girls or with a boy thats a friend?

I agree.. Japanese men will definitely prey on you if you are as cute as you say..

It's a hard one.. Maybe just wear plain clothing or something.. Try not to make up or dress to sexy.. Pants instead of short skirts, head bands instead of ribbons, mascara on the cheeks instead of the eyes, etc...

Troo 05-09-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

never been to Japan but id really like to go one day because i find the culture and art interesting...the only problem is ive heard you have to be careful if you are a white girl in Japan because some japanese men will prey on you....also i am quite a babyfaced 'cute' type of girl and have had trouble enough with males in England....would it be advisable to go in a group of girls or with a boy thats a friend?

You are at most risk if you are blonde and get drunk with strangers in seedy bars at 3am. Just like you would be in any other country.

SaintKat 05-09-2009 09:38 PM

^ This. Also if you're worried about safety then go with friends/family. Besides, that way you've got someone to share your great memories with.
:ywave:

MMM 05-10-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

I am trying to think of a country safer than Japan for "cute white girls".

RediscoverTravel 05-12-2009 08:40 PM

Many trains have a "Ladies Only" train for rush hour that will keep dirty old men away from you. Other than trains and late night drinking you should be fine. If someone does do something that you do not like just start yelling at them in English. Just be careful and use common sense.

MMM 05-12-2009 08:41 PM

I changed the title to better reflect the contents.

survivingonrice 05-12-2009 08:52 PM

ahahaha i just had to laugh when i saw the title of this....r u serious? men from any country can be 'dangerous' but, seriously...how dangerous do u think japan is?

aha..haha