LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-18-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfortheblur View Post
Anyone know of anything like an apprenticeship in Japan for gaijins?
Did you even read what people like me, Godwine, Troo, Nyoririn, Spicytuna wrote to you?
(#42 (permalink))
Old
kcyk8703 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-18-2009, 05:15 AM

Perhaps there is no further need to contribute to this thread. Seems like everything said is falling on deaf ears.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-18-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfortheblur View Post
Anyone know of anything like an apprenticeship in Japan for gaijins?
*Urge to hurt rising!!* ><

You'r parents are going to pay for your education and you don't want to take it?! My god!! My parents couldn't afford for me to go to a university when I was younger so I went to community college, business school, and tech school since they were all cheaper. Here I am, going on 28, and I'm finally getting my Bachelor's degree (I went back in 2007). Since I was working, I could pay for some of it myself and the rest paid through a student loan, which does have to be paid back, mind you, by me.

Seriously, just go to a US university, if your parents are offering to pay for it for you. Minor in Japanese or look into a university with a study abroad program which offers Japan as one of the countries you can study in if you want to go there so badly. That's the easiest way to experience the country, without having to worry about working. You're young, take advantage of that. At least if you study abroad, you'll get to experience the culture, and see what it's like there before actually settling down there. I can only dream that I would've had that opportunity when I was your age.

As for an apprenticeship, I highly doubt it, unless you work in a company or corporation that might need a rep to live in Japan for work reasons, but to get good jobs in a corporation or company in general, you need some type of an education.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
wasabijuice (Offline)
JF Regular

05-18-2009, 03:16 PM

Listen to these people, they know what the heck they are saying.