JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

Questions on store location - 05-11-2009, 01:44 PM

As most of you know, I will be returning to Japan in October for 3 weeks this time for my honemoon. We will be stationed in Tokyo for about a week, with the other 2 mostly to the west.

My fiancee want to find a store that sells Burberry merchandise (not just blue label, but both) as well as a store that sells Gucci merchandise. Can someone suggest where I can find stores that sell these things? I never shopped for them when I went to Japan in my previous trips

We will be around Namba when we are in Osaka, and Ikebukuro, Ginza, Daiba and Yokohama when we are in the Tokyo area

Suggestions?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Ginza. Omotesando also has designer stores.

A Troo with a View - Travel blog, Troo style.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-12-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troo View Post
Ginza. Omotesando also has designer stores.
Yeah, I figured, but I am looking for exact location, do you have an address?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
05-12-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Search Google for "Burberry tokyo location".

Do you need the usage of Google?

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-12-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioKid View Post
Search Google for "Burberry tokyo location".

Do you need the usage of Google?
Thanks.. actually, i somehow never thought about googling it.. that worked.. thanks
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-12-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
It's not hard to miss Burberry on Omotesando, as far as I recall. I think it's only slightly further uphill than Kiddyland.

I've yet to go to Ginza. I have zero interest in designer brands, or in going all the way to Japan for crap I can get in London. However I might go this time around, as I believe there's a fantastic stationery shop there

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-12-2009, 11:24 AM

The Burberry store is close to Harajuku station. When you exit the station, cross the street. Turn right, an walk to the intersection, turning left will take you through the heart of Omotesando hills. After you turn left, as you walk, look to your right, you'll see Burberry across the street. On your left you find Tiffany and Co. and the nicest Ralph Lauren store I've ever visited.

For Gucci, they have a large shop at the Seibu department store, which is within sight of Shibuya crossing. Just cross toward the Starbuck's, and take the road to the right, Seibu will be on the left side.

Of course, you could just go to the Mitsukoshi store in Ginza, they have both Burberry and Gucci outlets inside. Be prepared to pay 1/3 more than you would in America for the same merchandise.

The better (larger department stores) are on Chuo-dori, which is on the Yaesu side of Tokyo Station. Exit the station at the Yaesu Central exit, and take Yaesu-Dori (which ends at the station) a street or two to Chuo-Dori and turn left (you can't miss the street, there is a large statue of a giraffe next to the building on the corner). This will take you over Nihonbashi, to the older and larger Mitsukoshi stores (much bigger and better than the Ginza store). Before you get to Nihonbashi, you'll see a Takeshimaya department store on the right. They also sell the usual high-end brands.

If you continue walking, you'll end up first at Akihabara, and then at Ueno.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-12-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Of course, you could just go to the Mitsukoshi store in Ginza, they have both Burberry and Gucci outlets inside. Be prepared to pay 1/3 more than you would in America for the same merchandise.
Exactly. You have one crazy fiancee there, godwine

I occasionally buy Dior or Lancome cosmetics, and the prices in Mitsukoshi compared to those in Debenhams or Selfridges were plain silly. A Japanese outlet has to import these goods from halfway around the globe.

Home-grown brands, on the other hand, are obviously far better value than buying them in Europe Shisedo are especially excellent value.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troo View Post
Exactly. You have one crazy fiancee there, godwine

I occasionally buy Dior or Lancome cosmetics, and the prices in Mitsukoshi compared to those in Debenhams or Selfridges were plain silly. A Japanese outlet has to import these goods from halfway around the globe.

Home-grown brands, on the other hand, are obviously far better value than buying them in Europe Shisedo are especially excellent value.
Thats fine.. she is really good on every other day, so I will let her go crazy during our honeymoon.... i even budgeted an extra 6K just for her to shop when we are there
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-12-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Thats fine.. she is really good on every other day, so I will let her go crazy during our honeymoon.... i even budgeted an extra 6K just for her to shop when we are there
Awww. You're a mighty fine catch, sir!