JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-17-2009, 03:37 PM

Ok, so people clearly don't like finding live ones in unexpected places, so how about some tasty dead ones? For lunch?

Entomophagy in Japan | Photos and features from Japan.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-17-2009, 04:40 PM

hahaha mann, I will never eat a bug, ever... unless I'm like.. suuuuper drunk one day.
I've been to places before where they served bugs. I'm sure they taste alright, but without a blindfold or something I would be physically unable to put one in my mouth. Thanks for sharing that article, it was interesting.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHunter04 View Post
Ugh, that second picture (first post) is just...*shudders* it reminds me of a spider. I can barly type that word with out shuddering. I'm deathly afraid of spiders, don't know why, I just am. I've seen some pretty nasty spiders where I live, like a wolf spider and a huge nasty black son of a bitch, it was about as big as a woman's fist (not kidding; that was the first spider I actually screamed and ran from, usually I just freeze up). Ew, hornets. I see bees and shit around here, honey bees I could care less about, but hornets *shakes head*, I'll take the long way if I see one. It sounds like when I go to Japan I should carry bug spray around with me, haha. Does anyone know of any nasty spiders in Japan, people have to worry about? (Post pics if you can, pics don't bother me.)
I have a fear of spiders too. I can't even look at pics of 'em, and here I am trying to go to a country with them. I hate bugs in general. Kind of creeps me out. I guess the best thing to do is to just go up north where it's really cold and the bugs are more of a rarity. I remember reading someplace, some of the worst things you'd see in places like Hokkaido are houseflies. Not sure how true it is, though.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-17-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I have a fear of spiders too. I can't even look at pics of 'em, and here I am trying to go to a country with them. I hate bugs in general. Kind of creeps me out. I guess the best thing to do is to just go up north where it's really cold and the bugs are more of a rarity. I remember reading someplace, some of the worst things you'd see in places like Hokkaido are houseflies. Not sure how true it is, though.
lol spiders are absolutely everywhere on the planet. They've been around for a good 420 million years. There's no way you can avoid them forever.
I think living in a city like Tokyo would be your best bet. Sure there are still bugs there, but cities aren't as bad as out in more rural areas.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKitagawa View Post
hahaha mann, I will never eat a bug, ever... unless I'm like.. suuuuper drunk one day.
I've been to places before where they served bugs. I'm sure they taste alright, but without a blindfold or something I would be physically unable to put one in my mouth. Thanks for sharing that article, it was interesting.
Many canned food items have bugs and bug parts in them. The FDA has a amount allowable. Tuna is the worst, I never eat it. YUCK!

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#56 (permalink))
Old
DarkIndigo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to DarkIndigo
06-17-2009, 06:14 PM

Japanesse food...xD
(#57 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-17-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKitagawa View Post
lol spiders are absolutely everywhere on the planet. They've been around for a good 420 million years. There's no way you can avoid them forever.
I think living in a city like Tokyo would be your best bet. Sure there are still bugs there, but cities aren't as bad as out in more rural areas.
I guess I should've reworded that. Here I am with a fear of spiders interested in going to a country that have big ones.

I do know that rural areas have more insects, but climate is also a factor. As someone else mentioned, living in an area where it's not too warm, less bugs you see.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-17-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauja View Post
OH, but this one really looks like a fluffy toy
Thats what I was saying it looks like its saying "Please don't killl mehhh! *Teardrop* *sniff sniff* ". Hahahaha! x)

This should just be a Bug thread, what about snakes?, I don't mind snakes. I like Bullsnakes cause of the sound they make

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Many canned food items have bugs and bug parts in them. The FDA has a amount allowable. Tuna is the worst, I never eat it. YUCK!
Once I found a wasp in my cereal Heh me and a friend were sharing a big bowl and he was all screaming I just told him to eat around it x).

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.

Last edited by Hyakushi : 06-17-2009 at 11:45 PM.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
DevilHunter04 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-18-2009, 02:24 AM

I said bug pictues don't bother me...that "high leg" spider did. I freaked when I saw it. That is not natural, that dude took some sterioids or some shit. Where are those bastards usually found since I'm thinking I might need to bring a damn rocket launcher with me when I go to Japan now. (I don't care if they don't hurt humans, if it's as big as me or bigger you better believe I'm gonna freak).
(#60 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

06-18-2009, 04:02 AM

So, what do you all recommend to keep insects of all kinds out! I can take it if they're outside, but inside...*shudders*...

I wonder if those things they sell that you plug in the all can actually keep bugs out.