JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-05-2011, 09:42 AM

Wow. Japanese hornets are super powerful! I'm stunned. Didn't think it would win. I'm going to steer clear of them from now on!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#142 (permalink))
Old
fantasygirl707 (Offline)
New to JF

06-05-2011, 01:05 PM

I kind of wonder though, how fast would it take for the hornets venom to kill someone...?
(#143 (permalink))
Old
1Senitel (Offline)
New to JF

06-14-2011, 03:36 AM

i dont think they are going to give you a big problem
(#144 (permalink))
Old
Gokiburi (Offline)
JF Regular

07-27-2011, 09:42 AM

That's the ultimate test - squashing a bug - barefoot, feeling the slight elastic give of the carapace, molding itself against the skin of your sole before it finally bursts into a gooey glob of organic matter...

Did I gross you out ? Great

Kidding aside, with every box of tropical fruit that gets shipped from here to there chances are that some unpleasant critters get introduced into local ecosystems. Read it somewhere on the web that a couple of weeks ago they had to seal off a supermarket in Germany to catch a snake that had come in with a shipment of bananas.

It's no the big bugs that bother me, these I can see and avoid, if necessary.
The small ones like the previously mentioned ticks and mosquitoes worry me more because of the diseases the can transmit.
(#145 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-27-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokiburi View Post
That's the ultimate test - squashing a bug - barefoot, feeling the slight elastic give of the carapace, molding itself against the skin of your sole before it finally bursts into a gooey glob of organic matter...
I once trampled on a slug by accident while wearing socks. Now that was pretty foul.

It was a big slug too.
(#146 (permalink))
Old
MySummerJob (Offline)
New to JF

Sorry for bumping - 01-29-2014, 11:56 AM

I figured posting this here would be better than starting a new topic.

Anyway, I was just curious if there was a way to avoid the hornets? I already have a phobia of those types of bug (bees, and wasps included), so being in contact with those probably wouldn't help.

I would like to know if there are certain areas that there would be little to none, and/or possible ways to repel them. Amongst other helpful tips (besides not wearing black, and wearing scents).