JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
schrott (Offline)
New to JF

Where to book hotels online? - 05-12-2009, 06:47 PM

Some of the popular hotel booking sites (e.g. www.web.mytrip.net) appear to be only in Japanese and hence of little use to me. However, I am curious how their rates compare to the JTB site (http://www.japanican.com/ - whose rates are usually lower?

Besides, are there any other English sites which have a decent coverage of hotels in smaller towns?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-12-2009, 07:14 PM

I personally use JapanHotel.net Japanese Business Hotels, Ryokans, Minshukus, Guest Houses, Hot Springs and other accommodation

If you don't find the city on the drop down, you can email them directly and they should be able to help you Thats what I did before..
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RediscoverTravel (Offline)
JF Regular

05-12-2009, 08:14 PM

There is also JapaneseGuestHouses.com

---
Japanese Guest Houses
Ryokan (Japanese Inn) Reservation Service
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-13-2009, 12:17 AM

I used Travelocity.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kiyoshiro (Offline)
New to JF

on line bokking site - 05-20-2009, 12:24 AM

Hi, How about Rakuten?

[Rakuten Travel] Japan's Hotel and inn reservation site

I think there are few site in Englsih better than site in Japanese.
I can help you find a hotel if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrott View Post
Some of the popular hotel booking sites (e.g. www.web.mytrip.net) appear to be only in Japanese and hence of little use to me. However, I am curious how their rates compare to the JTB site (http://www.japanican.com/ - whose rates are usually lower?

Besides, are there any other English sites which have a decent coverage of hotels in smaller towns?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
RediscoverTravel (Offline)
JF Regular

06-03-2009, 09:15 PM

There is also Ikyu TOP [Ikyu.com] which seems to offer good discounts at Western style hotels.

---
Japanese Guest Houses
Ryokan (Japanese Inn) Reservation Service
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-04-2009, 12:00 AM

I use the mainline hotel sites, like Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, and Priceline. So far Priceline has given me the best rates, I like the feature where I can bid for hotels or airfare. I usually bid an amount which is half the listed price, and I usually get the room or flight for that price. Or I enter an amount that I'm willing to spend, and the kind of hotel that I want, and it's location, and they select a hotel for me. It's actually kind of fun, and I've had good luck with it. On my last trip to NYC, I got a very nice hotel room near Grand Central Station in Manhattan for the same price that my friends paid for their hotel room in Rutherford, New Jersey.

I've used both Hotels.com and Orbitz to book rooms in Japan. I've received good rates and service through them.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
yuikegawa (Offline)
New to JF

06-17-2009, 05:12 AM

hotels.com is mad cheap. they listed shinagawa prince hotel as $70 per night single. prince hotel is like the equivalent to the hilton, mariott, etc here. i think.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-17-2009, 03:20 PM

I travelled all of Asia including Japan just last summer and found Hostelbookers and Hostelworld (just google the names) to be useful, especially for last minute bookings. I know it says 'hostels' but they also tend to specialize in cheap to mid-range hotels as well.