JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Trying to pack for travel this week! - 05-08-2011, 09:09 PM

Hi, I hope I can get a bit of help.

I am traveling to Tokyo this week and I have never been there in May. I see it is a bit warmer and rainy so I am wondering how to pack. In San Francisco it is always cold when it rains. Spring days are pleasant enough but can be very windy so a t-shirt and light sweater maybe a light scarf is needed. But the fog rolls in thick at sunset so you need a warm jacket and maybe heavier scarf and mittens.

What do you find to be good daily wear in Tokyo right now?

Thanks for any and all help!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

05-09-2011, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Hi, I hope I can get a bit of help.

I am traveling to Tokyo this week and I have never been there in May. I see it is a bit warmer and rainy so I am wondering how to pack. In San Francisco it is always cold when it rains. Spring days are pleasant enough but can be very windy so a t-shirt and light sweater maybe a light scarf is needed. But the fog rolls in thick at sunset so you need a warm jacket and maybe heavier scarf and mittens.

What do you find to be good daily wear in Tokyo right now?

Thanks for any and all help!
Right now, the weather is just perfect for almost everyone I could think of. I would say it is close to the summer around Frisco and East Bay as far as temperatures. During the day, it can get warm enough to be out in a tee-shirt but not that warm in the early morning and late at night. The outside temperatures for the last few days have been between mid-teens and low 20s Celcius without much humidity.

When I go out, I wear a tee and a light-weight sweat jacket and just take the jacket off whenever I feel too warm in it. So, I would recommend that you bring tees/polo shirts AND light jackets/flannies/sweatshirts.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Thanks for your reply! I had a hard time getting on the forum and I just got back from my trip.
It was so much warmer than I thought it would be! Next time I go at this time of the year I will bring only my lightest weight clothing. If I need a light scarf or hoodie I will buy one there.