JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
online maps - 06-22-2009, 04:34 AM

do you guys know of any maps online that are in english? i'm looking for maps in english of the tokyo area and the train station maps. i take way too long staring at the train maps at the station and i would like to be a little more prepared when i travel everyday. my google turned japanese also, so do you know how to turn it back to english? it always gives me search results to japanese sites.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
lfarroco (Offline)
New to JF

Hope that this helps - 06-22-2009, 04:48 AM

This map have the station's names in english Tokyo Train Map in English photo - Gino T. Manalastas photos at pbase.com
(note: Thare are so many stations in Tokyo o.o Surely it is very easy to get lost!)
About you Google have turned into japanese, it happened because you zoomed into japan with google maps. Try to zoom somewhere else and the language in the screen will change once again.
[]'s
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-22-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfarroco View Post
This map have the station's names in english Tokyo Train Map in English photo - Gino T. Manalastas photos at pbase.com
(note: Thare are so many stations in Tokyo o.o Surely it is very easy to get lost!)
About you Google have turned into japanese, it happened because you zoomed into japan with google maps. Try to zoom somewhere else and the language in the screen will change once again.
[]'s
my whole google turned japanese when i connected to japanese internet, but i found out just now how to turn it back. thanks for the map in english of the train station!!!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kcyk8703 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-22-2009, 05:42 AM

Even though ur browser defaults to the Japanese gateway, just use google.ca and 1/2 of everything will be in english. You can search in english as well.

Otherwise you can go the the train station and ask for a JR East map, it's completely in english.