JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chompalomp2 (Offline)
JF Regular

Osaka - Hiroshima - Tokyo Travel - 06-29-2009, 08:02 AM

I fly into Osaka from Singapore on Christmas morning. Then straight to Hiroshima for 2 weeks to stay with some friends. Then I fly out from Tokyo to London on January 10th 2010.

What is the best way to get from Kansai Airport to Hiroshima and then to Narita? Shinkansen, bus or plane? I know a bus will be cheaper, but I need to be in Hiroshima by around 2-3pm. And then back to Tokyo early... around 6am.

Thanks for any help
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-29-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompalomp2 View Post
I fly into Osaka from Singapore on Christmas morning. Then straight to Hiroshima for 2 weeks to stay with some friends. Then I fly out from Tokyo to London on January 10th 2010.

What is the best way to get from Kansai Airport to Hiroshima and then to Narita? Shinkansen, bus or plane? I know a bus will be cheaper, but I need to be in Hiroshima by around 2-3pm. And then back to Tokyo early... around 6am.

Thanks for any help
What time will you arrive in Kansai international? Shinkansen is your best bet. Hiroshima to Narita will take you almost 6 hours on the shinkansen
(#3 (permalink))
Old
chompalomp2 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-29-2009, 03:48 PM

i arrive at Kansai Airport at 7:15 am 25th January, and i need to be at narita airport for 11:15 am departure to london
(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-29-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompalomp2 View Post
i arrive at Kansai Airport at 7:15 am 25th January, and i need to be at narita airport for 11:15 am departure to london
The trip from Kansai to Hiroshima is quick, so Shinkansen is good.. But from Hiroshima to Narita, your best bet is to fly.... unless you want to take the shinansen and arrive at Narita the night before and spend at night at the airport hotel
(#5 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-30-2009, 02:52 AM

From Kansai I catch the Haruka limited express to Shin-Oskaka and then take the Shinkansen to Hiroshima. This puts me in Hiroshima about 3 hours after exiting customs. When I fly out of Narita I usually catch the shinkansen between 8 and 9:30am and arrive at the airport around 1-2:30 the first shinkansen leaves Hiroshima at 6am so it probably won't help you. Also, the flights out of Hiroshima airport to Tokyo will probably not help much. There is only 1 flight out of Hiroshima airport that is direct to Narita. It leaves Hiroshima airport at 7am. If it isn't full it would get you to Narita airport around 9:30 but I don't think it operates every day. I believe there are 2 other flights that go to Haneda airport but I think the first leaves Hiroshima around 9am.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
chompalomp2 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-04-2009, 09:37 AM

ok thanks very much for your help...

looks like i will have to spend a night in tokyo then on the way to london

btw... does anybody know why there is the british airways flight from london to tokyo for about 55000 yen,, but then all other airlines like virgin atlantic, jal, singapore airlines, cathay pacific, emirates etc etc are all way over 200000 yen, sometimes up to 300000 yen???

cheers