JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bla (Offline)
New to JF

Cool Takayama - 07-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Hey ;-)

I am travelling to Japan for 2 weeks and would like to visit Tokyo, Nikko, Hakone, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima, (maybe Beppu or some other area in Kyushu), Osaka, Nara, Uji and Kyoto.

From Hakone I was thinking to go to Takayama. I have already bought a Rail Pass for 7 days - does anyone know if the journey from Hakone to Takayama and the bus trip to Shirakawago is included in the Rail Pass? Coz I won't do it if I have to pay extra... already short of money ;-)

Thanks alot!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
miho2 (Offline)
New to JF

07-26-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
Hey ;-)

I am travelling to Japan for 2 weeks and would like to visit Tokyo, Nikko, Hakone, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima, (maybe Beppu or some other area in Kyushu), Osaka, Nara, Uji and Kyoto.

From Hakone I was thinking to go to Takayama. I have already bought a Rail Pass for 7 days - does anyone know if the journey from Hakone to Takayama and the bus trip to Shirakawago is included in the Rail Pass? Coz I won't do it if I have to pay extra... already short of money ;-)

Thanks alot!!
The train from Nagoya to Takayama is included in the JR railpass. I don't know about the more regional ones but as the line is operated by JR you should be covered. It's a very scenic ride after Gifu.

Are you sure you are not trying to do too much in 2 weeks. We did something similar in a little more than three weeks but it was definitely at the limit of what you can do without rushing around like mad.

If you only have got the rail pass for 7 days, you should do the Kyushu trip during that time as the long distances are really expensive on the Shinkansen, otherwise.

Have a good time,
Mike
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RediscoverTravel (Offline)
JF Regular

07-31-2009, 07:33 PM

Wow, you plan to be very busy for 2 weeks.

The bus from Takayama to Shirakawa-go will take about 90 minutes and is run by Nohi Bus not JR so you will have to pay for that part of your trip. See
Hida Takayama Nohi Bus
Of course it could not hurt to ask when you buy your ticket if you can use the JR Pass. The worst they can say is "no".

---
Japanese Guest Houses
Ryokan (Japanese Inn) Reservation Service
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
07-31-2009, 08:18 PM

I wonder what r u searching in Takayama..

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!