JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

Seasons - 08-01-2009, 08:40 AM

Hello people its me again=),

Which seasons is the best to go & why?(For example a time with lots of festivals or scenic sights etc)...Also is going there from early december till mid december a bad choice?

Cheers!

Last edited by Wagamama : 08-01-2009 at 08:46 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-01-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamama View Post
Hello people its me again=),

Which seasons is the best to go & why?(For example a time with lots of festivals or scenic sights etc)...Also is going there from early december till mid december a bad choice?

Cheers!
More festival in spring and summer, best season is autumn and spring. Summer is just too hot, and wet

Early december is good, depending where you are from, it may be "cold" to you, to me its perfectly fine since we can get low down to -34 during winter. Though there isn't much to see during that time, chrismas lights and thats about it
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-01-2009, 02:09 PM

I never had a kotatsu, I just had these basic heaters. The mushiatsui season was almost unbearable. I needed to take a vest/wife beater in a bag to work and change there. I often said, 'kyou ha atsui desu ne?' Breathing was awkward.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
wolf_requiem (Offline)
JF Regular

08-01-2009, 03:32 PM

Good advice on here. lol, when I read the title to this thread, all I could think about is how Japanese people will insistthat Japan is the only country with distinct "seasons". This might just be the older generation really enjoying the changes of the year though, lol, I don't know. There was also something else I was told about Japanese snow, how it's "different" than any other snow, and therefore the best. Right...

Someone tell me when CLAMP will finish X!!??
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Snow is snow. I was in Nikko in Jan, 2003 and the snow was the same as Scottish or Polish snow The Polish have the same idea about things, that they have the best of most things. Elitist nonsense!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

08-02-2009, 03:07 AM

Hey godwine,please elaborate why spring and autumn is the best seasons and where are they best appreciated?thanks=)

Cheers
(#7 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-02-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamama View Post
Hey godwine,please elaborate why spring and autumn is the best seasons and where are they best appreciated?thanks=)

Cheers
Speaking solely from the the perspective of tourism. There isn't much "extra" happening during winter, while summer has all kind of festivities, its hot as hell and it rains like mad. Spring is good, but a bit on the cold side still. Autumn is good in terms of temperature, there are some festivities going on still, and if you go towards mid November to late November, some part already have decorative that have a strong Christmas spirit...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Also, don't forget about the cherry blossom season (autumn?). I think it is hanami in Japanese. You will be using your mobile phone often to snap some of these natural delights. The trees are known as sakura and they are sth to ogle at.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-02-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
Also, don't forget about the cherry blossom season (autumn?). I think it is hanami in Japanese. You will be using your mobile phone often to snap some of these natural delights. The trees are known as sakura and they are sth to ogle at.
Cherry blossom is in Spring... its VERY nice, but then during that time of the year there are too many thing closed (Golden week), any means of transportation will be busy.... i've been avoiding it for years, but i still want to try it some days
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2009, 08:06 PM

Oops, it's in spring of course. I remember the goruden weeku too. The trusted bicycle will take you many places.