JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Dilemas (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/27008-dilemas.html)

Wagamama 08-08-2009 01:09 PM

Dilemas

Hey people wassup its me again=)
So anyways going straight to the point...i have planned my itinerary for my trip which is supposed to be happening on the early december to mid december but the way i see it,everything we are doing (shrines & temples visiting,Cycling,sighting seeing,garden viewing etc) it lacks a certain something.....festivals!also i have big concern whether there will be much of a scenery in december when winter hits
so i was wondering whether switching the trip to May(early summer,when to my knowledge is the period where alot of major festivals are happening) would be a better idea?i feel everything we can achieve in december can be done in may.
Do help out thanks=)

oh yes please do give suggestions when the most happening/fun festivals occur in japan
Cheers( crap i spelled dilemmas wrongly pardon me lol)

hinata2 08-08-2009 01:23 PM

there is the tokyo game show which really is not a festival but around new years is a good celebration

Gwenster 08-10-2009 03:59 PM

Tokyo Game Show, A.K.A TGS is held September 24-27 this year.
So that's a no go if the thread starter even wanted to go there.

I cannot offer you any advice regarding what the scenery will look like.
But regarding festivals, the question really is: how much time are you willing to spend at festivals ? Sounds like with all the temples,shrines,sightseeing,hiking, cycling etc. you have yourself a packed itinerary already.

If you reckon that you'll go for more than 1 or 2 festivals and you want to see as much as possible than yes pro-longing till the summer-ish area is a good idea.

But it sounds to me like you haven't checked what existing festivals there are in December. Take a look at your options:
Japanese Festivals | December :: Festivals in Japan

There are about 15-20 festivals in December already; seems like enough to me.

Tenchu 08-10-2009 05:35 PM

Why would you go to a different country for less than a month? It's a waste of money and will piss you off when you're leaving.

bELyVIS 08-10-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwenster (Post 758792)
Tokyo Game Show, A.K.A TGS is held September 24-27 this year.
So that's a no go if the thread starter even wanted to go there.

I cannot offer you any advice regarding what the scenery will look like.
But regarding festivals, the question really is: how much time are you willing to spend at festivals ? Sounds like with all the temples,shrines,sightseeing,hiking, cycling etc. you have yourself a packed itinerary already.

If you reckon that you'll go for more than 1 or 2 festivals and you want to see as much as possible than yes pro-longing till the summer-ish area is a good idea.

But it sounds to me like you haven't checked what existing festivals there are in December. Take a look at your options:
Japanese Festivals | December :: Festivals in Japan

There are about 15-20 festivals in December already; seems like enough to me.

Wow! Dead Ronin and jumping through fire festivals, you can't beat that!:D