JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

Toei Eiga Mura.. Skip or Keep - 08-14-2009, 12:37 PM

What do you guys think? I've been there couple of times in the past, the last time I went was 2006. Should I take the wife there for our honeymoon? It could be interesting for someone who has never been to it, but I myself didin't find it too interesting...

If I do go it will just solely be for the reason of getting a picture session with her in traditional Edo clothing and makeup...

Thought???
(#2 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 12:45 PM

I was a little disappointed with it because the price was high and the place was small. But it's a must see if you are a Samurai movie fan like me. I loved having my photo took where Toyama No Kin San used to show his sakura tattoo to the accused criminals.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
I was a little disappointed with it because the price was high and the place was small. But it's a must see if you are a Samurai movie fan like me. I loved having my photo took where Toyama No Kin San used to show his sakura tattoo to the accused criminals.
She is not a Samurai fan, I am, but as I said, I've seen enough of it. She probably like the other aspect of it though, like the Tokusatsu hall and such.... dunno.....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-14-2009, 03:03 PM

I have been there once...and have no desire to go back. For a honeymoon I would say "skip".
(#5 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 03:36 PM

There are other places that can dress you up in traditional Japanese clothes and take professional pictures of you... maybe do that instead.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#6 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 04:27 PM

There is a place in Gion that does your photo. I can't remember the name, it started with a "J". Jidai? I don't know. It was great and they speak a little English if you need help. Also super nice staff. See if you can find it.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
sarasi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-15-2009, 01:01 AM

The Eiga Mura would be worth it if it was cheaper, but because it is so expensive most people don't feel they get their money's worth. Only mildly interesting- I'd much rather go to Arashiyama and Sagano and have a rickshaw ride.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-15-2009, 02:16 AM

Point taken guys, I will push it to a priority of "If i have nothing else better to do"

Elvis if you remember the name of the store do let me know. MMM, if you know of any store that can just take ONE or TWO wedding picture for us (with kimono rental) let me know. I will be in Hakata, Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-15-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Point taken guys, I will push it to a priority of "If i have nothing else better to do"

Elvis if you remember the name of the store do let me know. MMM, if you know of any store that can just take ONE or TWO wedding picture for us (with kimono rental) let me know. I will be in Hakata, Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo...
Almost any photo studio can do this, but it is very expensive. Doesn't matter if you only want 1 picture, it will be a 45 minute photo shoot, and there will be a lag time between the shoot, choosing the pictures and then pick-up.

Maybe there are some same-photo studios, but I am not aware of any at the moment.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-15-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Almost any photo studio can do this, but it is very expensive. Doesn't matter if you only want 1 picture, it will be a 45 minute photo shoot, and there will be a lag time between the shoot, choosing the pictures and then pick-up.

Maybe there are some same-photo studios, but I am not aware of any at the moment.
Will you be able to find out for me the cost for something like this? If I skip eigamura, I probably have time to do this