LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
marcfalk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to marcfalk Send a message via Skype™ to marcfalk
Thumbs up Clubbing (electronica) in Tokyo, where to go? - 09-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Hey guys,

Me and 4 other guys are going to Tokyo the 22nd of September, and we're going to stay there for a month. We like to party, and we like electronic music. So, it would be great to know some cool places

I found this list:
The Clubbing Site: Clubs

Do you have experience with some of the discos on that list? Which is good, which is bad?

This ( WOMBWEB ) seems nice and this ( velfarre ) looks nice, has anyone been to any of these places? how are they?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate

Cheers,
Marc
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

09-15-2008, 01:36 AM

WOMB is good, I went there 3 years ago tho. I hear they redesigned the place a bit. It's not too cheap tho, maybe 4000 yen entrance fee.

I've never been to Velfarre, but it's a popular place from what I've heard.

なんでやねん!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

10-06-2008, 02:11 AM

Google 'Gan Ban' - record label/importer/promoter/etc that does club nights.

Their last big night saw the likes of Justice, Boys Noize, Vitalic, Basmement Jaxx and a few other big names all on the one night. That of course was quite a big event but they do other smaller weekly events too from what I have been told.

I have never been but have received some advice from locals as I am planning my second trip to Japan and plan on doing a lot more partying this time
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
10-13-2008, 01:07 AM

Velfarre is fun, but some times they want guys to be more properly dressed and older. they didnt let some of my 20 yr old friends in one time cuz they wanted guys to be like 23+

better be ready to drop some cash if you wana go there

Club citta is cool, they had Dancers delight there which was cool

Gaspanic is less costly also cool, tends to be overcrowded with a lot of youngins =P

I like the LEX, its now called the NEW lex originally it was a club mainly for celebs and models and costed alot for males to get in..

cost is about the same but still decent place have some friends that work there.

Vanilla is also a nice club.

like i've said in other posts. best thing to do is just go down the main strip and club hop and see which one you like. theres TONS around
esp in Roppongi and Shibs

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

10-13-2008, 04:54 AM

From what I remember LEX wasn't expensive at all, as they only had an entrance fee, and then free drinks... (was like 3-4k yen?)

なんでやねん!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
promontorium (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to promontorium
Electronic - 10-22-2008, 04:59 AM

There are a lot of clubs in Roppongi that play Techno/House/Electronic. I used to go there every weekend, there was no "best" as they would vary night to night. You really have to feel things out. Don't pay if they want a cover charge, though most places will have a mandatory one drink minimum. Check out several places, you should find something you like. Even if I gave you a list of my favorite places, you'd be passing 10 other awesome ones on the way. It's true Roppongi is the international clubbing district, If you want a Japanese only techno club, check out one of the older Gas Panics in Roppongi (there's one big new one full of gaijin and two more off the main path on upper floors) I loved the old Gas Panics because they detered foreigners. I would be constantly harrased by the staff (basically if you don't have a drink in hand they'd threaten to kick you out), but the kids in the club were great, all Japanese kids just having fun and dancing. The guys would buy me drinks and I'd dance with their girlfriends. But the other clubs are great too, in one night I talked to girls from 11 different nations.

Well. I hope I helped a bit. Certainly I know it sucks when I show up in a different country and don't know where anything is, but I also love the fun of exploration, finding what looks fun, rather than planning the whole thing in advance.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
cosmicenema (Offline)
JF Regular

08-10-2009, 07:13 PM

I'll be in Shinjuku towards the end of Sept with my wife for our first trip to Japan. Are there good places near there you'd recommend? If we take the trains to Roppongi how late can we stay before they stop running us back?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kolossus (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kolossus
08-25-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicenema View Post
I'll be in Shinjuku towards the end of Sept with my wife for our first trip to Japan. Are there good places near there you'd recommend? If we take the trains to Roppongi how late can we stay before they stop running us back?
x2. Are there any good clubs in Shinjuku?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
trunker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-25-2009, 02:59 PM

last trains in tokyo leave around 1215, if i remember right. i never actualy go the last train but i do recall jumping on one from shibuya at 1215ish. might have been 12.

anyway the trains start running at 5am.

you really wanna be going to shibuya, ikebukuro, daikanyama and nakameguro instead of roppongi for local flavour though. roppongi will be just like any other club/bar in any other city anywhere in the world, but i guess it really depends on what youre after.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

08-25-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicenema View Post
Go to Ageha in Shinkiba. It finishes at around 6, 7 or 8 in the morning so getting the train back is no problem

[ ageHa ]