JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ryang7 (Offline)
New to JF

Visiting Tokyo late September, anyone else going? - 08-21-2009, 03:18 AM

So I got really excited to go to Japan and I have my locations pretty hammered out, but I'm depending on my parents to fund the trip (I'll start working as soon as I return to California).

...And I was really excited and telling all my friends, and 5 minutes ago my mother just revealed to me that shes worried and all that nonsense and pretty much all my plans are being de-railed. I'm being told that it will be okay if I can find people to meet up with although I think its pretty likely that I will be told "no" no matter what...

Okay enough ranting, sorry.

Would anyone like to meet up in Tokyo sometime between September 23rd and October 2nd? I have 10 days there, a list of places to visit, and nothing written in stone. I'm a Californian of Chinese ancestry, male, early twenties, English is my primary language, and I speak very very little Japanese. Oh, and I'll most likely be staying in either a hostel or cheap hotel on the outskirts of Tokyo.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
08-21-2009, 03:24 AM

i would love to but to bad i can't
(#3 (permalink))
Old
rly33 (Offline)
New to JF

Talking 08-21-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryang7 View Post
So I got really excited to go to Japan and I have my locations pretty hammered out, but I'm depending on my parents to fund the trip (I'll start working as soon as I return to California).

...And I was really excited and telling all my friends, and 5 minutes ago my mother just revealed to me that shes worried and all that nonsense and pretty much all my plans are being de-railed. I'm being told that it will be okay if I can find people to meet up with although I think its pretty likely that I will be told "no" no matter what...

Okay enough ranting, sorry.

Would anyone like to meet up in Tokyo sometime between September 23rd and October 2nd? I have 10 days there, a list of places to visit, and nothing written in stone. I'm a Californian of Chinese ancestry, male, early twenties, English is my primary language, and I speak very very little Japanese. Oh, and I'll most likely be staying in either a hostel or cheap hotel on the outskirts of Tokyo.
Hey Ryang7, I have been lurking in these forums the past few weeks and had to reply to your thread. I will be in Tokyo 9/21-10/3. First trip to Japan. I'm from Florida and also of Chinese ancestry. Mid-twenties. I'll be most likely staying in Shinjuku (Sunroute Plaza) for the whole stay. I'll meet up with you for a few days if it's the only way you can go to Japan.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ryang7 (Offline)
New to JF

08-21-2009, 08:48 AM

Sounds good, we'll see if this flies...

Any other takers? If it helps, I was born and raised in California...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ninjaselo (Offline)
New to JF

08-21-2009, 10:30 AM

Hey, Ryang7 and rly33.

I also want to visit Japan between 22 Sep. and 2 Oct. I'm Turkish, male, early thirties, a hardcore Playstation 3 fan/player and want to go to Tokyo Game Show 09 at 26th or 27th of Sep. When I read your messages, I thought that you we're going to TGS09 also. Am I right or is it just a coincidence that you'll travel at those days?

I've booked a hotel (very close to Shinjuku) for ~$550 to stay 9 nights. I think it's a fine price compared to the other hotels in Tokyo. If you want the name and other info about the hotel, send me a message.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Ryang7 (Offline)
New to JF

08-21-2009, 11:07 PM

I actually didn't know about the TGS09 until later on, but I definitely want to go. I'm still trying to convince the mother that I won't get shot or kidnapped while I'm away...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
rly33 (Offline)
New to JF

08-22-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryang7 View Post
I actually didn't know about the TGS09 until later on, but I definitely want to go. I'm still trying to convince the mother that I won't get shot or kidnapped while I'm away...
You should let your mother watch Shinjuku Incident. Just saw it last week. She'll let you go for sure after watching that...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ryang7 (Offline)
New to JF

08-22-2009, 10:37 AM

TGS09 -> IF I lurk enough, will I be able to catch that kevin guy and Olivia Munn?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Ryang7 (Offline)
New to JF

08-25-2009, 07:51 AM

Okay so I got the go-ahead... Anyone gonna be in Osaka from Sept 16th to Sept 21st?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
cosmicenema (Offline)
JF Regular

08-25-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rly33 View Post
I have been lurking in these forums the past few weeks and had to reply to your thread. I will be in Tokyo 9/21-10/3. First trip to Japan. I'm from Florida and also of Chinese ancestry. Mid-twenties. I'll be most likely staying in Shinjuku (Sunroute Plaza) for the whole stay.
I'll be at the same hotel until 9/25!