JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
peoplez (Offline)
New to JF

I am going to live in japan! any advises will be good! - 08-21-2009, 06:53 AM

Hi everyone! in the end of september i will be in japan to strart my new page in life.
any advise or help will be very good for me, i have only about 2000$ with me, for most of all i ma interesting in what price i can find a place for live or sleep in minimum outside of citis or like that. mebay i will stay about tokio or yakohama or it is no mather for me!
I reed many post here, but i do not get what i need because of my financial side .

please do not write post like that japan is not good country for living or like that ones, because it is my favorite country in the world and i just love japan,

any help is necesery for me and sorry for my english it very poor!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2009, 07:09 AM

Will you be getting a job there? I'd recommend living where you find work, to save on commuting time and money, if possible.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2009, 07:34 AM

Such a ridiculous thing. You're planning on moving your life and having only $2000 in savings, with no where to land and no job? You're living in some dream world. You really need to plan on moving your life, this is just nonsense. Just because you love Japan doesn't mean you have to automatically move there without any planning or funding. Make it in your own country first why don't you.

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ryang7 (Offline)
New to JF

08-21-2009, 08:46 AM

$2000 will not last you very long... visiting might be out of the question but if you're set on moving there you should have a much larger cash reserve... if possible find a job there before moving...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-21-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoplez View Post
Hi everyone! in the end of september i will be in japan to strart my new page in life.
any advise or help will be very good for me, i have only about 2000$ with me, for most of all i ma interesting in what price i can find a place for live or sleep in minimum outside of citis or like that. mebay i will stay about tokio or yakohama or it is no mather for me!
I reed many post here, but i do not get what i need because of my financial side .

please do not write post like that japan is not good country for living or like that ones, because it is my favorite country in the world and i just love japan,

I am completely confused. Please explain your plan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
paul999 (Offline)
JF Regular

Question 08-21-2009, 10:58 AM

mmm is right, we need more detail to help ya.

- You staying there permanently and legally?

- Do you speak the Japanese language?

- Do you get 2k every month?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-21-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Such a ridiculous thing. You're planning on moving your life and having only $2000 in savings, with no where to land and no job? You're living in some dream world. You really need to plan on moving your life, this is just nonsense. Just because you love Japan doesn't mean you have to automatically move there without any planning or funding. Make it in your own country first why don't you.
say whaaa?~

you're silly =P
i say let the kid and his measely 2 grand attempt to settle in japan and allow him to learn all the fun things in life the har... er... the fun way =P
besides~ what could go wrong? ^_^
right? =3
i mean.... it's just life >.>
and it's a perfect dream world in which everything happens the way we would much like them too~ ^_^
and... if all else fails.... we can always press the reset button and try again from where we left off =P

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

08-21-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoplez View Post

You are very lucky to be living in a famous country with enough money to live for a few weeks.

Are you living for longer or is it just a short break?

Once you get your financial sides in better shape, I'm sure you will get what you need.

Cheers - Oz
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-21-2009, 01:12 PM

So...do you already have a job lined up or something? $2000 seems like something good to start off with until youget that first paycheck, but I couldn't see how you'd manage beyond that.

That aside, like most city-like places, Tokyo is expensive to live in. Mind elaborating a bit more on what you're planning to do?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2009, 02:55 PM

I agree. $2000 will buy you your fruit+veg for a while. It is very costly in Japan to buy certain staples that are cheaper, for example, here in Poland. Have you factored in your flight costs? That costs an arm and a leg for some too.