JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
alessiobzz (Offline)
New to JF

Trying to figure out an itinerary.. - 08-31-2009, 05:45 PM

Hello there!

me and my wife will be on holiday for two weeks from the 6th of November and we actually don't know exactly where to go, but our goal is the Okinawa Prefecture as we saw some islands which are very nice:

Ishigaki, Miyakojima.

We'll fly from Italy and probably Tokyo should be a forced stopover from Europe and i think it could be worthwhile just to have a first touch of Japan, stay in Tokyo for a day or two and keep quiet the jet lag. I thought to stay a couple of days in Tokyo then take a train to Osaka then again heading to Okinawa, but actually 2 weeks looks very short time so i guess we might stay in Tokyo then heading to Okinawa.

The other route could be in reverse so i thought to make this itineray by an open jaw ticket:

ROME > OKINAWA then fly out TOKYO > ROME
As we can get the airpass i guess that we might stay couple of night in NAHA then fly to Ishigaki or Miyakojima (still don't know which one) for 6 days then fly to Tokyo and catch a train to see KYOTO and Osaka for the remaining days of our trip.

We actually don't know how expensive could be stay in Japan for two weeks and of course we're on a budget preferring Backpackers (hostel) then Hotels; Another option could be the surf couching network. We'd love to stay in a cheap accommodation possibly with the kitchen where you can cook your own food and keep down the costs.

I found this nice place miyakojima paradise - Fully furnished studio in Japan - Home looks pretty good but a bit pricey.

Anyway, any suggest would be really appreciated! Has anyone been there before?

We'd like to swim and snorkel...Hopefully November is still warm and the water is not too cold... I read about some dangerous jellyfish, is there an island jellyfish free?

I know, is a very short time to see Japan in 15 days....

Sorry for too many questions, but as i wrote before this is our first time in Japan and maybe someone of you can give us some good suggestion!!!

Thanks guys!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2009, 11:25 PM

I'm sorry in clumsy English
I had not gone, but examined it in WEB a little

Miyako-jima Island of November is water temperature around 25 degrees centigrade
It is slightly cold and feels that periodic wind begins to blow and gets out of the sea
The jellyfishes decrease if I compare it in summer, but there is it at all

There are a lot of cheap inns in Miyako-jima Island, but cannot expect the waiting on customers in the English

It is a Japanese site, but many inns appear here
http://miyakojima.net/sty/guesthouse.htm

I ride the English site that I found accidentally as an example
HOTEL Hibiscus

Because the convenience to transportation is bad, Miyako-jima Island should decide the position of the inn carefully.
If it wants not to be forced an expensive taxi to unexpected expenditure

Clumsy English and little information, I'm sorry