JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
coroganteng (Offline)
New to JF

Northern Kyushu, early October: Please help - 09-01-2009, 08:15 AM

Hi guys, can you help me with some ideas here?
I’m going to Northern Kyushu next October with my 2 sisters and my mum, for 5 days.
Our itinerary is:
Day 1: Hakata (arrive)
Day 2: Nagasaki
Day 3: Beppu (hot sand bath for my mum and sister)
Day 4: Kumamoto
Day 5: Huis Ten Bosch

Does it look too ambitious? My sister wants to go to Harmony Land in Oita, too. But I don’t think we have enough time. We spend the nights at Hakata, go to all those places from there. What should we take for transportation, the SunQ Bus Pass or JR Northern Kyushu Pass? Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

Btw, another question: My sister is on medication for SLE, she need to carry quite a lot of medicine (steroid, pain killer, immunosuppressant etc), will she have some problem to pass the immigration with all these drugs? Does she need some kind of letter from her physician, stating her condition and that she need all those medicine?

Thanks a million
(#2 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-01-2009, 09:01 AM

I think that will be a fairly hectic schedule, especially if your sister isn't feeling well. It takes a while to travel to each of those places (about 2 hours each way), remember. It's doable, but you won't have all that long at each place.

I took the JR trains when I visited Kyushu, but I don't know if the bus is any better or faster. I prefer trains, myself.

She might have some problem at immigration with the drugs. Make sure everything is in its original, well-labeled container, and maybe bring a doctor's letter.

Hope you all enjoy the trip! Be sure to eat Hakata ramen!

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
trunker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-05-2009, 03:33 AM

hakata to nagasaki should take about 2hours 45minutes i think. i have friends in saga so going back to nagasaki i always take a bus form hakata to saga first before the train to nagasaki.

i would take the train if i were you, theres alot more space to sit and move around in, toilets are clean and spacious, the seats are nice and big and the scenery if much better than a bus. your sister will probably find it much more comfortable.

do get a letter from a doctor, you probably wont need it but just in case you know. and yah second the original packing thing samurai said.

its not a hectic schedule, and with the train travel time i think you can always catch a nap or two if you get up early to visit like huis ten bosch from hakata.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
coroganteng (Offline)
New to JF

09-08-2009, 07:33 AM

Thanks for the ideas, guys. Think that we will choose JR Pass. This is supposed to be a relaxing trip, so we won't hassle, improvise along the journey, and she can take a rest whenever she need to. We already get a letter from her doctor, and so excited to go there.
Thanks again