JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

From Kyoto to Osaka: clubbing and hostels - 09-16-2009, 10:00 AM

What's the best way to get from Kyoto to Osaka? My friends and I want to spend the weekend in Osaka. I was thinking about using the JR line from Rokujizo (in Uji-shi), but only I live out in Uji... Would it be easier for us to meet up at Kyoto Station and use another JR line that I don't know about?

Also, does anyone know of any great (and safe) clubs in Osaka, as well as a nearby hostel? Been doing the research, but I always love to hear recommendations.

Thanks!

LOVE: pass it on
(#2 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
What's the best way to get from Kyoto to Osaka?
Go to the Gion Shijo station and take the Keihan line straight into Yodoyabashi or to Kyobashi which is on the Loop Line.

Then again it really depends on what part of Kyoto you're in. THat's the route I took when I lived in northeast Osaka.

Quote:
My friends and I want to spend the weekend in Osaka. I was thinking about using the JR line from Rokujizo (in Uji-shi), but only I live out in Uji... Would it be easier for us to meet up at Kyoto Station and use another JR line that I don't know about?
Have you checked the Yahoo transit map? It's here: transit.yahoo.co.jp . Plug in your station and the station you want to get to and it gives you results based on ease, price, and speed. I live by it!

Quote:
Also, does anyone know of any great (and safe) clubs in Osaka, as well as a nearby hostel? Been doing the research, but I always love to hear recommendations.

Thanks!
I'm still scouting that one out. I know the ones to AVOID: Club Pure and Sam&Dave's. They're literally gaijin cesspools (vomit on the floor and whatnot), so steer clear. There's plenty of better places, I just don't know 'em yet. If you find something good, lemme know! Heck, I might even join ya!

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
09-16-2009, 01:54 PM

There is a Special Rapid train every 15 min running from Kyoto to Osaka taking only 29min. It will not cost more than a normal train and i believe the line is called JR Kyoto line, check here for more Enter the station name

I dont know much bout the clubbs sorry. I guess you want to stay in Osaka. I stayed at the youth Hostel outisde off the city in the Stadium. Its very nice but a bit institutional and to far from the city as well.
I wanted to stay with J hoppers because i had such a good time in Hiroshima with them, but it was booked out, so i dont know about that.
In Kyoto K´s House was quite nice.
Have Fun

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Prestwick (Offline)
New to JF

09-16-2009, 04:52 PM

I know the popular J Hoppers has a branch in central Osaka complete with super-duper-cool roof terrace where you watch the metropolis at night with a cold one.

I'm in the same position about the clubs and as I'm going there next year in May I'd like to know which Gaijin holes to avoid.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-16-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestwick View Post
I know the popular J Hoppers has a branch in central Osaka complete with super-duper-cool roof terrace where you watch the metropolis at night with a cold one.

I'm in the same position about the clubs and as I'm going there next year in May I'd like to know which Gaijin holes to avoid.
Oh snap, do you know what the name of the branch is? I wanna look it up and check that out before it gets too cold.

In lieu of a google I'm guessing J Hoppers is a club chain?

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
09-17-2009, 03:15 AM

like i wrote in my Post Jhoppers is a Backpackers Hostel chain, not a club.
Anyway, its called JHoppers Osaka Central and is at Fukushima Station.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Prestwick (Offline)
New to JF

09-18-2009, 04:45 AM

Yeah, haha, sorry. Should have mentioned it was a hostel chain and not a club chain
(#8 (permalink))
Old
trunker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-18-2009, 06:04 AM

not that i know anything about osakan nightlife, but perhaps info on what kind of clubs and what kind of music youre in to might help.