JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kalcia (Offline)
New to JF

Japan Rail Pass, available for me? - 11-10-2009, 09:59 PM

Hello!

I'm new here, but I have checked in search if anyone else has asked this question before.

I'm from Poland and as far as I can see on this website: About JAPAN RAIL PASS there is no official 'seller' of JR passes in Poland.
My question is.. Is it possible for me to buy the pass from different country, say UK? Or is it possible for someone else to buy it for me (someone that lives in the same country as seller)?

Thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kiyosuke (Offline)
JF Regular

11-11-2009, 11:35 AM

Hi.Sorry.I don't know your question.

But I asked it to JR East.
Please wait for a while.

I'm not good at English.

When are you going to come to Japan?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

11-11-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalcia View Post
I'm new here, but I have checked in search if anyone else has asked this question before.

I'm from Poland and as far as I can see on this website: About JAPAN RAIL PASS there is no official 'seller' of JR passes in Poland.
My question is.. Is it possible for me to buy the pass from different country, say UK? Or is it possible for someone else to buy it for me (someone that lives in the same country as seller)?
I asked my travel agent. I was told that you can buy the pass in another country than your own (except Japan). But you cannot have another person buy one for you because you need to show them your passport as your ID.

I was also told that if you are flying with a Japan-based airline, that airline's office near you may be able to assist you in obtaining the pass.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kalcia (Offline)
New to JF

11-11-2009, 02:03 PM

kiyosuke, thank you for your time ^^ I'll be going to Japan probably around April 2010.

Nagoyankee, thanks for anwser, but it seems I'd have to be in that country when I'll be buying the pass? My friend called their office in UK when she was going to Japan (she lives in UK) and she did everything on the phone (including giving credit card information for them to take money for the pass) and they just shipped confirmation by mail. I was wondering if I could do the same from Poland.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kalcia (Offline)
New to JF

11-13-2009, 11:46 PM

I have called one of JR pass agents in UK and got this link:
Buy Rail Pass online - step one

So if anyone outside agents' countries would want to buy JR Pass, they can do it online ^^
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kiyosuke (Offline)
JF Regular

11-17-2009, 12:54 PM

April is a good season for the travel in Japan.
The answer to a E-mail doesn't come and wait a little more, please.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kiyosuke (Offline)
JF Regular

11-22-2009, 10:59 AM

The answer of the inquiry came.
The sentences is machine translations.

certificate of the Japan rail passing confirms the passport for the confirmation of the use qualification.
As notes, user's qualification of entering a country must be "Brief visit. "The person of the prolonged stay such as visas of going abroad to study cannot use it.
Moreover, the use qualification is confirmed again at substitution.
Even if the substitution certificate is bought as a travel agent, substitution might be refused.

>  まず、1のご質問についてお答えいたします。現在お 住まいになっている国以外においてもジャパンレールパ スの引換証はお買い求めいただけます。ただし、お買い 求めになる国の旅行代理店によって条件が異なる場合も ございますので、ご了承ください。
>  次に2のご質問についてお答えいたします。ジャパン レールパスの引換証は、購入の際に利用資格の確認のた めに、パスポートの確認をさせていただいております。
>  最後に3のご質問にお答えいたします。ジャパンレー ルパスの主な注意点としては、ご利用いただく方の入国 資格が「短期滞在」である点となります。留学ビザなど 長期滞在のお客さまはご利用いただく事ができません。 また、引き換えの際にも、改めて利用資格の確認をさせ ていただいており、旅行代理店で引換証をお買い求めい ただいても、引き換えをお断りする場合がございます。 何卒ご理解賜りますようお願い申し上げます。