JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
justmesk (Offline)
New to JF

need help with travel plans - 01-07-2010, 04:22 AM

I have been searching desperately for guided tours around Japan. One in particular I would like is from Toyko to Hiroshima I am having no luck finding any, is there such a thing We are planning on visiting Japan end of March and into beginning of April we are flying in to NRT from Vancouver Canada, we would like to spend one night (sleeping) in Toyko and then travel to Hiroshima for a day or two and back to Toyko ....is there such a thing as guided tour out of Toyko?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-07-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmesk View Post
I have been searching desperately for guided tours around Japan. One in particular I would like is from Toyko to Hiroshima I am having no luck finding any, is there such a thing We are planning on visiting Japan end of March and into beginning of April we are flying in to NRT from Vancouver Canada, we would like to spend one night (sleeping) in Toyko and then travel to Hiroshima for a day or two and back to Toyko ....is there such a thing as guided tour out of Toyko?
Travelling from Tokyo to Hiroshima couldn't be easier. just take the shinkansen from Tokyo station to Hiroshima. It's a straight line, no changes. In Hiroshima you can get a guided tour.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Travelling from Tokyo to Hiroshima couldn't be easier. just take the shinkansen from Tokyo station to Hiroshima. It's a straight line, no changes. In Hiroshima you can get a guided tour.
With the train pass, I had to make a change at either Osaka or Okayama the last 2 time i was there. But then I was cheap, so it was probably the effect of not being able to take a Nozomi
(#4 (permalink))
Old
justmesk (Offline)
New to JF

01-08-2010, 01:16 AM

You may think taking the bullet train is easy...but I am coming from a tiny town of 300 people with no means of public transportation and I do not understand or speak Japanese. This is why I was wondering about a guided tour to Hiroshima Is there not such a thing.
If not what is the process of obtaining tickets for the shinkansen
And how do I find what train I would need to take etc. etc.
I need detailed instructions
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-08-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
You may think taking the bullet train is easy...but I am coming from a tiny town of 300 people with no means of public transportation and I do not understand or speak Japanese. This is why I was wondering about a guided tour to Hiroshima Is there not such a thing.
If not what is the process of obtaining tickets for the shinkansen
And how do I find what train I would need to take etc. etc.
I need detailed instructions
There are guided tours IN Hiroshima, but I have never heard of a guided tour TO Hiroshima.

That would be like being in Los Angeles and looking for a guided tour to San Francisco.

Tokyo Station is big and can be intimidating, but at the ticket office there will be an English speaking ticket agent who can help you buy your tickets. You can also buy tickets at smaller stations easily, but they may not speak English.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
justmesk (Offline)
New to JF

01-08-2010, 03:30 AM

I hate to tell you this but there is such a thing as tours from LA to San Francisco
Tours from Los Angeles: San Francisco

so it is too bad that you don't know of something similar
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-08-2010, 03:53 AM

Quote:
I hate to tell you this but there is such a thing as tours from LA to San Francisco
Tours from Los Angeles: San Francisco

so it is too bad that you don't know of something similar
Yes, it is too bad. Have a great trip.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

01-08-2010, 08:10 AM

if your scared of taking the shinkansen and can't even manage to work out how to obtain tickets perhaps japan it is not the best travel destination for you.

just sayin'.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Ascherman (Offline)
New to JF

02-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Free Plan Kyoto & Hiroshima 3 Days - Japan Tour Packages l H.I.S. Experience Japan

While researching my own trip I came across a tour that will take you from Tokyo to Kyoto to Hiroshima and back. Cut and paste the above link to view details.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
jbradfor (Offline)
JF Regular

02-01-2010, 10:52 PM

And notice the travel information: "10:10-12:20 Tokyo Sta (bullet train Nozomi) 12:30-14:40 Kyoto Sta. After arrival , free at leisure. Transfer to your hotel on your own."
The only think the tour provides is they buy the ticket for you. Which pretty much any good hotel should be able to do also. You still need to get to the train station, find the right train, get off at the right place, and then get to the hotel on your own.

I don't think that's what the OP wants, I think the OP wants more hand-holding.

My personal opinion? Do it yourself. It will be scary, there's a good chance that something will go wrong, but in the end you will gain more confidence and experience.