LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-08-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstorey View Post
I am interested in what I can bring into Japan. We will have some small packaged snack/foodstuffs for kids. Will we get this in or is it a strictly no food policy?
There is no problem with bringing food in Japan, as long as it isn't fresh vegetables or fruit. Packaged snacks for kids should be no problem.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-08-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstorey View Post
I am interested in what I can bring into Japan. We will have some small packaged snack/foodstuffs for kids. Will we get this in or is it a strictly no food policy?
Packaged foods are fine. You cannot bring rice, meat, or fresh fruits/vegetables.

To Shanis, German customs may not ask you to open your bags, but they will ask if you have anything to declare. You may or may not have to list your duty free items on your customs form, but you don't want to be one of those saying "I have nothing to declare", and then have customs find things in your bag.

One of the bad things about living in Europe is the VAT which is added to everything. It also applies to anything you buy overseas and bring back with you, except for those items you buy in the duty-free shops, or the duty-free cart on the airplane.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

Send a message via MSN to Shanis
01-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Packaged foods are fine. You cannot bring rice, meat, or fresh fruits/vegetables.

To Shanis, German customs may not ask you to open your bags, but they will ask if you have anything to declare. You may or may not have to list your duty free items on your customs form, but you don't want to be one of those saying "I have nothing to declare", and then have customs find things in your bag.

One of the bad things about living in Europe is the VAT which is added to everything. It also applies to anything you buy overseas and bring back with you, except for those items you buy in the duty-free shops, or the duty-free cart on the airplane.
I know that germany customs checks some people per flight and that it's not good to say you don't have anything to declare cause they always look xD I never intended on smuggling anything I just wanted to know what is legal to take with me

When do you think people die?

When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol?
No.

When they are ravaged by an incurable disease?
No.

When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom?
No!

It's when... they are forgotten.

~Dr. Hiluluk - One Piece
(#14 (permalink))
Old
minminRW (Offline)
JF Regular

01-11-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanis View Post
Ah well thanks all^^ You helped me a lot. But minminRW, in your text was written that I have to be 20 years or older to bring sake and only 3 bottles with max. 700ml or so, what is if I take 1 bottle with 2l? That's less then 3 bottles with less contents :/ And I'm german citizen and I'm an adult with 18 so can I still bring sake?
What I noted is "Duty-free Allowance" for bringing into Japan.
(If you want to bring Japanese Sake into Germany, check this.
http://www.zoll.de/e0_downloads/d0_v...lb_eu_engl.pdf)

A person can bring liquor into Japan with no tax if the person is over 20 yrs old.

If you are under 20, you can bring it but have to pay Tax.
7105 Simplified Customs Duty Rates for Accompanied Personal Effects (FAQ)

A bottle/2litre is may be treated as duty free but you had better to ask customs officer.