JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Finding more info on Fukuoka~ - 08-30-2010, 06:08 AM

Hi all! Thanks ahead of time for any help or recommendations you can give!

I have been on vacation to Japan five times so far. I am primarily a city girl though I like to take day trips out into the countryside to parks, temples and smaller towns. I love to take pictures. Lately Fukuoka has caught my attention but unlike the other big cities I have been to it is a bit more difficult to find information.

Can anyone tell me more about Fukuoka? Personal experiences, things you enjoyed? Day trips? Even places you had good food or saw live music would be nice!

Also if anyone knows of a good blog from someone living there I'd love to see it!

Cheers and thanks again!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
08-30-2010, 01:15 PM

Have a look here and here.

I have been to Fukuoka for a few days and i really enjoyed my time there.
Fukuoka is a bit more international because its close to Korea and it was one of the few citys that had food stalls on the street (along the river) like other Asian countrys do. There´s a pretty big shopping/entertainment complex and quite a few clubs and bars. For cheap but good food i went to the main bus station.

For day/2 day trips i recommend Beppu (the onsen town) and eventually Korea (busan) by ferry (take the fast one).

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)