JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Alicia22 (Offline)
New to JF

From Shinagawa to Kamogawa - 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM

Hello everyone,

My friend and me are going to Tokyo this year (september) and I came across this Kamogawa Seaworld park. We really want to go there, and I looked for some travel info. I know train tickets are expensive so I read on the website it's about 2 hours away from Tokyo station. (our hotel is located in Shinagawa)

I was a bit shocked when I saw prices around 150 Euro's. So, I was wondering, if anybody visit this Seaworld park as well and how much they had to spent for train tickets?

I really hope there is a cheaper way. Otherwise, I have to think about it if it's worth the high price.

Another question, is the Japanese Rail Pass really that recommanded? I mean, when I only want to travel through Tokyo itself, it's not that expensive, right? The pass is around 300 Euro's (13 days). I just can't imagine (except for the long distance trips, but only Tokyo?) I will get that amount only for travel tickets.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Alicia
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

01-23-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia22 View Post
My friend and me are going to Tokyo this year (september) and I came across this Kamogawa Seaworld park. We really want to go there, and I looked for some travel info. I know train tickets are expensive so I read on the website it's about 2 hours away from Tokyo station. (our hotel is located in Shinagawa)

I was a bit shocked when I saw prices around 150 Euro's. So, I was wondering, if anybody visit this Seaworld park as well and how much they had to spent for train tickets?

I really hope there is a cheaper way. Otherwise, I have to think about it if it's worth the high price.

Another question, is the Japanese Rail Pass really that recommanded? I mean, when I only want to travel through Tokyo itself, it's not that expensive, right? The pass is around 300 Euro's (13 days). I just can't imagine (except for the long distance trips, but only Tokyo?) I will get that amount only for travel tickets.
Where did it say that it cost you 150 Euros to get from Shinagawa to Kamogawa Sea World?

One-way fare is 2,210 yen between Shinagawa and Awa Kamogawa. That's less than 20 Euros, isn't it?

They have a free shuttle bus between Awa Kamogawa station and the Sea World.

And don't get the JR pass unless you are doing lots of long-distance traveling by train. If you stay around Tokyo, you will lose lots of money if you buy the pass.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Alicia22 (Offline)
New to JF

01-23-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
Where did it say that it cost you 150 Euros to get from Shinagawa to Kamogawa Sea World?

One-way fare is 2,210 yen between Shinagawa and Awa Kamogawa. That's less than 20 Euros, isn't it?

They have a free shuttle bus between Awa Kamogawa station and the Sea World.

And don't get the JR pass unless you are doing lots of long-distance traveling by train. If you stay around Tokyo, you will lose lots of money if you buy the pass.
Seriously? I must be blind then! Thanks for the reply! I will do more research on it!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Alicia22 (Offline)
New to JF

01-23-2010, 10:13 AM

Just for information, I used this site Hyperdia to check prizes. But I think I put in a wrong adresss.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

01-23-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Seriously?
Yes. For 150 Euros, you can go from Tokyo to Osaka!

Did you use the correct station name "Awa Kamogawa"?

If you used just "Kamogawa", that is a station even further than Osaka, which has nothing to do with Sea World.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Alicia22 (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Yes. For 150 Euros, you can go from Tokyo to Osaka!

Did you use the correct station name "Awa Kamogawa"?

If you used just "Kamogawa", that is a station even further than Osaka, which has nothing to do with Sea World.
Hmm. I used the website hyperdia. But he can't find this station Awa kamogawa. The search function can only find Kamogawa. Which website do you use where I can find prizes?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

01-24-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Hmm. I used the website hyperdia. But he can't find this station Awa kamogawa. The search function can only find Kamogawa. Which website do you use where I can find prizes?
First, I'm not a clueless foreign tourist but a Tokyo resident. I know about how much it costs to get from Tokyo to nearby places. 150 Euros is just out of the question.

Go here: Hyperdia | SearchResult
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

01-24-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
安房鴨川駅 is rendered as AWAKAMOGAWA on the hyperdia site. Please search for that.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Alicia22 (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
First, I'm not a clueless foreign tourist but a Tokyo resident. I know about how much it costs to get from Tokyo to nearby places. 150 Euros is just out of the question.

Go here: Hyperdia | SearchResult
First, I didn't say I don't believe you. I was just explaining that I couldn't find it myself.... no offence! :S Thanks for the link, anyway.

Tsuwabuki: Thanks for explaining that to me! Now, I get it!

Last edited by Alicia22 : 01-24-2010 at 11:15 PM.