JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
typing (Offline)
JF Regular

Otaku Travel and Event Club! - 02-08-2010, 05:18 PM

Hey Everyone!

I know I'm not very active on here and I don't come on much, but I'm starting a kind of Anime/Otaku club in Tokyo.

We plan to meet up and travel to all kinds of events, mostly around Tokyo but we might plan to go to big events in other places.

Please join my club <a href=http://www.meetup.com/Akiba-Beat/> Akiba Beat http://www.meetup.com/Akiba-Beat/</a> if you live anywhere in Japan and are a total nerd. Maybe you can meet people in your area to hang out with and be nerdy ^_^

(Also, what events are happening next month in Japan? I know the Tokyo Anime Fair is happening but is there anything else that I could get together with people to do?)

I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- Edgar Allan Poe
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

02-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Wait me up in Jully!

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
typing (Offline)
JF Regular

02-09-2010, 10:29 AM

Hopefully there's enough interest that by July we're still running, you're more then welcome to join now and when you arrive in Tokyo to hook up with everyone

I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- Edgar Allan Poe
(#4 (permalink))
Old
typing (Offline)
JF Regular

02-10-2010, 04:47 PM

Upcoming Event!

Well our first event this month is coming up on Saturday the 20th (So not this week but next week) We're all meeting in Akihabara for our very first meeting. You'll have to RSVP on the site (see the link in the OP) so I know how many people are coming. Even if you're not in Japan now go ahead and join the group on the site or just post here, I'll keep everyone posted on the events we go to and how things go.

Tomorrow I MIGHT be going to an Art and Pop Culture festa tomorrow. I don't know the BF has been sick recently so with him coughing and blowing his nose all night I can't sleep. If I can sleep and wake up then I'll go and see if it's a geekworthy event for next year for everyone. If not then we'll just have to go and be surprised next year.