JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

From Osaka to Kyoto at 9PM??? - 02-10-2010, 06:11 PM

Hello!

Unfortunately I've just come to the realization that my flight to Osaka lands at about 9PM, but the hotel I'm staying in for the entire vacation is in Kyoto. Does the JR stop running at 9PM like everything else? Is it possible to get to Kyoto the night I arrive or will I have to find another hotel in Osaka to stay until morning?

Thank you for your help.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-10-2010, 06:13 PM

I could be wrong, but I thought the JR trains stopped after midnight.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

02-10-2010, 06:21 PM

I think the metro runs until at least 11pm. If not, you can probably get a bus from the airport to Kyoto. There should be late-night flyer buses.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

02-10-2010, 08:03 PM

Although I cannot find anywhere what time the last train leaves (The official JR website is down right now?) I did find buses that go from the airport to Kyoto station! I now have another question though; Do hotels in Japan have a receptionist at the front desk all night long like hotels in the states? We probably wont get there until around midnight, so it would be nice to be able to check in
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-10-2010, 08:14 PM

There is a bus that leaves Kansai Airport at 9:45 that arrives at Kyoto station at 11:30.

kyoto sta.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

02-10-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesselt View Post
; Do hotels in Japan have a receptionist at the front desk all night long like hotels in the states? We probably wont get there until around midnight, so it would be nice to be able to check in
If you can, it might be best to tell your hotel how late you are arriving. They may be able to sort out a late check-in for you, even if reception has nominally shut.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

02-11-2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Hello!

Unfortunately I've just come to the realization that my flight to Osaka lands at about 9PM, but the hotel I'm staying in for the entire vacation is in Kyoto. Does the JR stop running at 9PM like everything else? Is it possible to get to Kyoto the night I arrive or will I have to find another hotel in Osaka to stay until morning?

Thank you for your help.
No problem whatsoever. Wonder who's spreading the rumor that JR stops running around 9 pm.

If you miss the last bus that MMM mentioned, you can still take the train for Kyoto. The last train leaves Kansai Int'l at 23:34.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

02-11-2010, 08:32 AM

Thanks for all of your help, everyone!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
alexlovesrock (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Hello!

Thank you for your help.
yeah just bust out a bus or the train near 11ish... youll be fine... at the airport enough people speak english

have fun!!!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-11-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlovesrock View Post
yeah just bust out a bus or the train near 11ish... youll be fine... at the airport enough people speak english

have fun!!!
As I have said before and will say again...never count on a stranger's English to get you where you need to go in Japan.