JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
luce (Offline)
New to JF

03-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Hello all!
Sorry to step into this thread, but as I was going to ask the same question, I didn't want to open a new one.
If the mod thinks it's better to have a separate thread, I'll be happy with that too.
Back to my question... As some of you already know, I'm going to Japan in 3 weeks. Yay! I really can't wait!!! We contacted 2 volunteer guides. They are both in their 30s and female.
The question is, what can I bring them from my country? I live in Ireland at the moment, but I'm Italian. I can try to get something from Italy (somehow) but it'll be easier to take something Irish.
First gift I can think of is Irish whiskey (Jameson) but they are women and I don't know if that's appropriate.
Something else is food: locally made chocolate or vinegard, or fairy figurines like this for example:

I really don't have a clue!!!!! Any suggestion is more than welcome!!!!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-15-2010, 12:31 AM

Pass on the fairy figurines. Things that take up space are not really desirable as a gift. A calendar or picture book is better, as it takes up little space. Food is also good, especially things they can share with their office or family.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-15-2010, 01:06 AM

***delete***

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff

Last edited by siokan : 03-15-2010 at 04:27 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-15-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siokan View Post
I research and, according to the indication of Mr.MMM, had better match it with a partner.

Do not understand whether is correct,; but dogmatism and prejudice of several or me.
*A thing more minor than a major thing.
For example, the thing of the maker more minor than the thing of the maker which is famous if it is liquor. The thing that there is little traffic in the thing which is available only in the town where you live in, a small company of the liquor.(price does not matter)

*A pretty articles.
common throughout the world?
A woman is ordinary, but even a man passes.

I wrote it, and confidence disappeared... I will stop it here.
Are you using something like Google translator?

This makes no sense.

0% comprehensible.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
luce (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Pass on the fairy figurines. Things that take up space are not really desirable as a gift. A calendar or picture book is better, as it takes up little space. Food is also good, especially things they can share with their office or family.
Thanks a mil for your suggestions! I never thought about a calendar, it's a great idea. I think I'll get some baileys chocolate and a calendar or something like that.
Thanks again.