JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
redredlisa77 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to redredlisa77
Japan trip March/April 2011 - 02-26-2010, 04:18 PM

Hi all i am doing some research on hotels/hostels in japan for my trip to japan in march/april next year. Places i want to visit include Tokyo,Kyoto,Osaka,Hakodate,Nagasaki,Nara,Yokohama,Hiroshima and maybe a few others on the way around can anyone recommend places to stay ??

Also to get to these places i have been told the train is the best way to get around. can anyone tell me is the train service easy to understand, as knowing me i may get off at the wrong stop and get myself lost.

Any help on this would be good as i am organising everything myself as its a lot cheaper then getting a package holidays.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
StueyT (Offline)
JF Regular

02-26-2010, 04:23 PM

I recommend these:

Kyoto - J Hoppers - Very close to the station and very clean/good facilities

Tokyo - K's House Asakusa. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I loved it here, very close to all Asakusa sights, 1 minute from very good subway links (Kuramae Sta). The staff were just the friendliest people too

Hiroshima - J Hoppers - The manager Tomoko is very friendly and helpful, very convieniently located near the Peace Park and downtown, and close to Street car links to the station and to Miyajima port

Fukuoka - Guest House Kaine - Old style japanese rooms, integrated Udon restaurant.

広島市は一番!
My Flickr
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-26-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredlisa77 View Post
Hi all i am doing some research on hotels/hostels in japan for my trip to japan in march/april next year. Places i want to visit include Tokyo,Kyoto,Osaka,Hakodate,Nagasaki,Nara,Yokohama,Hiroshima and maybe a few others on the way around can anyone recommend places to stay ??

Also to get to these places i have been told the train is the best way to get around. can anyone tell me is the train service easy to understand, as knowing me i may get off at the wrong stop and get myself lost.

Any help on this would be good as i am organising everything myself as its a lot cheaper then getting a package holidays.
What is your budget for accomodation? Sometimes the difference is not that much.....

Train is the best way for an itinerary like that, all train staions have station name and other facilities in English, so it should be easy enough....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-26-2010, 11:41 PM

A nice site for trains is here

Gives you a rough idea.