JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
Transportation Questions (Bus) - 03-09-2010, 08:51 AM

Hey all. I know of Hyperpedia's site, which can allow one to put in the names of various subway/train stations to determine fare, length of time, transfers one would have to make if having to switch lines, etc. It's been very informative an helpful and giving me an idea of how things work (even if I'm not there and all that yet, and let's hope that I will end up over there next month. ^^).

Now, I was wondering if there was something equivalent to Hyperpedia, just with the normal bus routes and all that. Like type in a departure city/ward and a destination city/ward or just a location (certain parks for instance) and maybe it'll tell you which bus to take or which ones go to said area, etc. Is there something around like that that's very accurate in the way Hyperpedia seems to be?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-09-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Hey all. I know of Hyperpedia's site, which can allow one to put in the names of various subway/train stations to determine fare, length of time, transfers one would have to make if having to switch lines, etc. It's been very informative an helpful and giving me an idea of how things work (even if I'm not there and all that yet, and let's hope that I will end up over there next month. ^^).

Now, I was wondering if there was something equivalent to Hyperpedia, just with the normal bus routes and all that. Like type in a departure city/ward and a destination city/ward or just a location (certain parks for instance) and maybe it'll tell you which bus to take or which ones go to said area, etc. Is there something around like that that's very accurate in the way Hyperpedia seems to be?
Interesting question, i did a search and was not able to find a universal bus route/schedule finder. I did find a few cities offering online bus info, some of them goes by the operating company.

Good luck, and let us know if you find anything yourself
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

03-09-2010, 12:49 PM

There are too many different bus lines, and each has their own schedule and website. Keisei bus line is probably the largest bus line in the Kanto area, they have service to the airports and the Kansai area as well. As an added feature, most of the buses now have wifi as well.

http://www.keiseibus.co.jp/pc/index.html
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-10-2010, 03:57 PM

Thanks. I was actually interested in Shiokaze Park. I'm not going to lie, if I'm heading over to Japan, I want to check out that Gundam, even though I'm not much of a fan of the series, let alone the first installment of it. It just looks so cool. I was curious which bus lines ran out there to Shiokaze Park.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

03-10-2010, 06:28 PM

If you're looking for routes in a large municipal area you could try looking to see if the city municipal transportation office has an english mirror site. Sometimes it's on the city council website. Anyway, I know Osaka and Tokyo do (over a big area too), and they specifically supply that kind of timetabling information for any and all buses in english. They sometimes can also hunt up timetables for outside the area although they might only be in Japanese. If your japanese is good enough, you can often just pull up the timetables online direct if you know the names of your destination and starting point, or a bus number.

Last edited by Columbine : 03-10-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: adding info
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Thanks. I was actually interested in Shiokaze Park. I'm not going to lie, if I'm heading over to Japan, I want to check out that Gundam, even though I'm not much of a fan of the series, let alone the first installment of it. It just looks so cool. I was curious which bus lines ran out there to Shiokaze Park.
Sorry to burst your bubble but it's since been taken down, it was a temporary thing as far as I know came down last Aug or Oct.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-10-2010, 07:10 PM

From July, 2010 to May, 2011, it is exhibited in Shizuoka.
@1/1Gundam
(#8 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-10-2010, 08:20 PM

I don't know much about the gundam being exhibited in Shizuoka, but if you want to go Shiokaze, you can just take the yurikamome line shimbashi station to Odaibakaihinkoen, they are like side by side.... you don't need to take the bus
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

03-11-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but it's since been taken down, it was a temporary thing as far as I know came down last Aug or Oct.
Really? I thought it was supposed to be taken down sometime this year. Oh well.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

03-11-2010, 12:36 AM

Yes, the gundam is no longer in Odaiba, I was there just a couple of weeks ago.