JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TimC (Offline)
New to JF

1st night in Tokyo - 03-24-2010, 09:48 PM

Hi Folks
I will be arriving at 6.00pm in tokyo airport can anyone suggest a hotel thats easy to find close to the city center so that i can get my bearings in the morning
Thanks TimC
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

Send a message via MSN to Hellkite Send a message via Yahoo to Hellkite Send a message via Skype™ to Hellkite
03-24-2010, 09:53 PM

Hello!

I was just in Japan some weeks ago =)

I would say, if you dont care about the price so much, Marriot Hotel in Ginza would be best! I know the people there at the hotel, a bit expensive, like 16 000 Yen per night, but its rewarding, rooms are pretty, and very comfortable, and breakfast is also very delicious and you have a big variety, and the reception is friendly. I can tell you best how to get there from Narita airport if you want!

Japan, I come next year!! wohooo!!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
sarasi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-25-2010, 12:54 AM

What is your budget? Also, Tokyo is a huge city with a very large "city centre" area (or you could look at it as having more than one city centre), so you might want to be a bit more specific- have you seen any areas you'd like to spend time in while doing research for this trip?

Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, Ueno? Actually the public transport system is great here so you can easily travel around the central area no matter where you stay, but there is no point in suggesting a hotel in Asakusa if you actually wanted to be somewhere like Roppongi.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TimC (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2010, 06:55 AM

Yes i see what you mean,my idea was just to find a hotel that i could crash out in as i will have been traveling for a couple of days.My budget would be something reasonable maximum around the £100 for the two of us ! not a lot of pressure there then !
Thanks
TimC
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

03-25-2010, 10:03 AM

hey bro in that case try going for some cheap accomodations like i did,its like 3000-4000 yen per nite ,just my 2 cents rooms any above that aint worth it,ur much well off using it for good food or entertainment man,i cant remember the name of the one i stayed 2 years back.google it i am sure u will find something