JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
midnightspiral (Offline)
New to JF

Possibilities of Osaka->Sapporo->Osaka within a day? - 03-26-2010, 07:47 PM

I planned a trip to Japan with friends in June and we have now booked and paid for everything such as air plane tickets and hotels.

But then the news recently annouced that my idols will be having a concert in Sapporo Kita Yell 札幌きたえーる on the 6th (11:00/15:00), when I will be in Osaka.

I really want to go, and I would really be grateful if anyone knows if this is a possible feat. Like, the cheapest and fastest way to travel between Osaka to Sapporo would cost around how much and take how long?

When all else fails, just point
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-26-2010, 07:56 PM

Who is it? If they are touring, maybe you could see them somewhere closer?

The fastest way would be to fly and the cheapest way would be to take a bus.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
allhailhata (Offline)
JF Regular

03-26-2010, 08:07 PM

Possible. Only by airplane. It takes 2 hours. Round-trip ticket roughly 30000yen.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
midnightspiral (Offline)
New to JF

03-27-2010, 12:21 PM

Thanks for all the helpful replies (:

My idol is in a boy band call KAT-TUN <3

And they will be having concerts in different corners of Japan once a week only, unfortunately, 6th of June is the only time that they are having a concert while I am in Japan.

By air seems like the best option of travelling, but a tad too expensive. Anyone knows how long it take by the Shinkansen? Since I will be getting a JR Pass, hopefully it'll save me some money compare to the air fare.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

03-27-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightspiral View Post
Anyone knows how long it take by the Shinkansen? Since I will be getting a JR Pass, hopefully it'll save me some money compare to the air fare.
At least 13 hours and 48 minutes.

Shinkansen won't take you all the way to Hokkaido. You will need to take a slower train from Hachinohe to Sapporo.

Trust me, Japan is much larger than people tend to think.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-27-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightspiral View Post
Thanks for all the helpful replies (:

My idol is in a boy band call KAT-TUN <3

And they will be having concerts in different corners of Japan once a week only, unfortunately, 6th of June is the only time that they are having a concert while I am in Japan.

By air seems like the best option of travelling, but a tad too expensive. Anyone knows how long it take by the Shinkansen? Since I will be getting a JR Pass, hopefully it'll save me some money compare to the air fare.
KAT-TUN is the most popular boy band in the Johnny's Entertainment group. As far as I know, tickets are only available to KAT-TUN official fan club members, and are sold out minutes after going on sale. Sorry.

Your idol isn't Jin is it? He will be doing a solo concert in Los Angeles in June.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
midnightspiral (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
At least 13 hours and 48 minutes.

Shinkansen won't take you all the way to Hokkaido. You will need to take a slower train from Hachinohe to Sapporo.

Trust me, Japan is much larger than people tend to think.
Aww, that dashed all hopes of Shinkansen travel. Thanks for the info. I'll look into air travels then; maybe if I can get some cheap ticket...

(#8 (permalink))
Old
midnightspiral (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
KAT-TUN is the most popular boy band in the Johnny's Entertainment group. As far as I know, tickets are only available to KAT-TUN official fan club members, and are sold out minutes after going on sale. Sorry.

Your idol isn't Jin is it? He will be doing a solo concert in Los Angeles in June.
Yea, chances to get a tickets are slim but I'm keeping eyes and ears out for any sign of possibilities ):

And I do like Jin, but my favourite is Kame, so I guess no matter who else is missing as long as he's there I don't mind at all lol