JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
aginorz (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Planing a trip to Japan for the spring of 2011 - 04-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Hello there!

I am planing a trip to Japan for the spring of 2011 . I have always wanted to go to Japan since I was very young and finaly I can get my dream come true .

but my question is that is it easy to travel around Japan , and for example inside tokyo , without getting too much lost ?

I don't yet have any friends from Japan that could give me tips or ideas but I hope that could change
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

04-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Yea the subways bring u everywhere,it might look confusing at first so be sure to carry a subway map in ur language and ur good to go=)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-12-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aginorz View Post
Hello there!

I am planing a trip to Japan for the spring of 2011 . I have always wanted to go to Japan since I was very young and finaly I can get my dream come true .

but my question is that is it easy to travel around Japan , and for example inside tokyo , without getting too much lost ?

I don't yet have any friends from Japan that could give me tips or ideas but I hope that could change
It comes down to if you are traveling "Around Japan" or "Around Tokyo". Tokyo (and most if not all major cities) have very elaborate maps in Japanese and English, public transport also have announcements in English. Though some rural area of Japan only have signs and announcement in Japanese, so it will make it difficult to travel around
(#4 (permalink))
Old
sarasi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aginorz View Post

Luckily there are sites on the internet like japan-guide.com - Japan Travel and Living Guide, and guidebooks available in the shops or at libraries, which were created just for people like you!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

04-23-2010, 03:40 PM

As others have mentioned, traveling around Tokyo and around Japan in general is different.

Tokyo is fairly easy, I was able to find my way around the metro and train system without too much asle. I had a map with all the different lines with their respective names and colors with all the stops. In Tokyo, the signs are all bilingual, japanese and english so it's easy to find your way around. I got lost only once and it was in Shinjuku train station, couldn't find the right exit to meet some friends.