JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Aurantium (Offline)
New to JF

Too young to travel in Japan? - 04-04-2010, 06:10 PM

I'm a Danish girl who really wants to go to Japan. I've been saving up money for a while now and am about to plan my trip, as I suddenly run into a problem that I, for some reason, haven't thought of before.
The problem (which I don't hope will actually be a problem) is that I'm only 19 years old. In my own country I'm a grown up, but I know that in my country it's also a problem for minors to for instance stay at a hotel alone.
And since 19 is minor in Japan, does it mean that I won't be able to stay at a hotel in Japan?
Hope anyone knows...

Greetings from Denmark
-Nanna
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-04-2010, 06:22 PM

I think you'll be fine at 19 not 100% sure though. I was renting hotel rooms in the US when I was 18.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

04-05-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurantium View Post
I'm a Danish girl who really wants to go to Japan. I've been saving up money for a while now and am about to plan my trip, as I suddenly run into a problem that I, for some reason, haven't thought of before.
The problem (which I don't hope will actually be a problem) is that I'm only 19 years old. In my own country I'm a grown up, but I know that in my country it's also a problem for minors to for instance stay at a hotel alone.
And since 19 is minor in Japan, does it mean that I won't be able to stay at a hotel in Japan?
Hope anyone knows...

Greetings from Denmark
-Nanna
I was first there with my friends at 16,And back again alone at 17.Had Tons of fun of both trips.You said you've been saving for awhile for this,Its time to see the fruits of your labour!=)you'll be fine trust me.I didn't had trouble booking my accomodations online.In regards to Accomodations,if your planning to go alone i highly recommend u go Homestay.Well if u have any questions u wanna know just ask.
cheers