JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
StueyT (Offline)
JF Regular

Visiting Japan for a month on Tourist visa - Problems visiting Seoul? - 05-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Hi all.

I am visiting asia for a month, and ideally would want to visit Korea for a week, then 3 weeks in Japan. However, flying to Seoul and returning to the UK is alot more expensive right now than flying to/form Tokyo and taking a few days out to visit Seoul in the middle of my trip. My question really is that would I have issues getting back into Japan doing it this way? Anyone got any experience? If I were to do it this way, I'd get to and from Korea via Fukuoka using the JR Beetle...

広島市は一番!
My Flickr
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Considering what's going on in Korea right now, I'd wait awhile before visiting there.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-27-2010, 10:20 PM

No issues. Citizens of the UK can get their tourist visa extended to up to 6 months out of 12. Getting back into Japan wouldn't be a problem.

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
06-03-2010, 09:42 PM

As long as you have a ticket going out of Japan (back home or where ever) it will be no problem. When entering Japan you will get a 3 month visa. On entering Korea you will get a 3 month visa there. On Reentering Japan you will get another 3 month visa. If you do not have a ticket going out of Japan, you might get in trouble when reentering but this should not concern you.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#5 (permalink))
Old
AllYouCanJapan (Offline)
New to JF

No Problem! - 06-17-2010, 10:47 AM

There are very cheap deals for tickets to Korea from Japan too.

I did the same thing a few years ago, bought tickets for HIS.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
HangukTeacher (Offline)
New to JF

06-24-2010, 01:10 AM

AllYouCanJapan, when did you purchase your tickets to Korea? I've checked back every couple days on the major travel sites, such as Priceline and Expedia, but the cost doesn't seem to vary much. I'm hoping to be able to find ones for this winter break but it's looking doubtful at this point.

Last edited by HangukTeacher : 08-15-2010 at 09:30 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
StueyT (Offline)
JF Regular

07-28-2010, 11:02 AM

Awesome replies so far guys. Just a bump asking if anyone has had any experience of this first hand? Not necessarily Korea but in terms of reentering Japan on a Tourist Visa...

広島市は一番!
My Flickr
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
07-28-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StueyT View Post
Awesome replies so far guys. Just a bump asking if anyone has had any experience of this first hand? Not necessarily Korea but in terms of reentering Japan on a Tourist Visa...
I did reenter into Japan for a one week trip (after beeing in Korea for 2 month) and it was no problem to get the visa. I had a return ticket going from Korea to Japan and back. They checked if i had a ticket going out of Japan.
Because you will have an airplane ticket out of Japan it should be absolutly ok, just carry it with you when reentering Japan.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)