Tokyo 3 nights
Takayama 2 nights
Matsumoto 1 night
Tsumago 2 nights
Kyoto 4 nights with a day trip to Nara
Kinosake Onsen for 2 nights
Travel back to Tokyo with a stop in Osaka
Tokyo 2 nights

I figure this will give me a good look at both rural traditional Japan, get into some Onsens and see modern high tech Japan.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Igawa29 (Offline)
KQUEST

08-01-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Tokyo 3 nights
Takayama 2 nights
Matsumoto 1 night
Tsumago 2 nights
Kyoto 4 nights with a day trip to Nara
Kinosake Onsen for 2 nights
Travel back to Tokyo with a stop in Osaka
Tokyo 2 nights
Wow sounds like you have a really great trip lined up. Takayama and Matsumoto are amazing places. I believe Takayama's claim to fame are their pickled veggies, which the Ryokan we stayed at, gave us a very nice sampling.

We missed Nara our last time around, but this time we plan on getting there, and if you are into Aquariums, the Osaka Aquarium is one of the biggest in the world.

Another good piece of advice I found helpful was luggage forwarding, this was a huge help since we were able to forward our bags to the next hotel without having to lug everything around.

Hope you have lots of fun!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
darkshadowgirl (Offline)
New to JF

08-01-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igawa29 View Post
Wow sounds like you have a really great trip lined up. Takayama and Matsumoto are amazing places. I believe Takayama's claim to fame are their pickled veggies, which the Ryokan we stayed at, gave us a very nice sampling.

We missed Nara our last time around, but this time we plan on getting there, and if you are into Aquariums, the Osaka Aquarium is one of the biggest in the world.

Another good piece of advice I found helpful was luggage forwarding, this was a huge help since we were able to forward our bags to the next hotel without having to lug everything around.

Hope you have lots of fun!
Thanks so much! I am very excited. I'm glad to hear about Takayama and Matsumoto. Actually those were the two cities I wasn't too sure about, and you have now reassured me!

Yeah maybe I should take a day away from Kyoto and add an overnight stop in Osaka give myself a little time to hang out there. It will also break up the 6 hour travel time from Kinosaki back to Tokyo.

hmmm.. I hope I'm not spending too much time in the smaller cities either.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-01-2011, 06:10 PM

Four days in Kyoto is a lot. I like that you included a day trip to Nara. I would also include one to Osaka. There is a lot to see.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
darkshadowgirl (Offline)
New to JF

08-02-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Four days in Kyoto is a lot. I like that you included a day trip to Nara. I would also include one to Osaka. There is a lot to see.
ok that's what I'll do then. The think that is a good Plan