JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
andydob27 (Offline)
New to JF

Kyotoe Hotels for 3 people - 06-02-2010, 07:00 AM

Has anyone ever had 3 people in one double hotel room? I'll be travelling with my sister and brother-in-law and am hoping to keep costs down this summer. I'm sure the beds will be smaller than what they are used to, but I'm sure they can manage sharing a small bed for a few nights. Is 3 people cool? Will they charge extra for the 3rd person?

Or is it possible to get a room with one queen/king and than get like a cot or a futon for me?

And if anyone knows a decent place to stay near Kyoto station, I'd love to hear about it. I'm hoping to stay in a place for ¥12,000 or under a night. That would put my share at 4k or under; which I could live with.

Thanks.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-02-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydob27 View Post
Has anyone ever had 3 people in one double hotel room? I'll be travelling with my sister and brother-in-law and am hoping to keep costs down this summer. I'm sure the beds will be smaller than what they are used to, but I'm sure they can manage sharing a small bed for a few nights. Is 3 people cool? Will they charge extra for the 3rd person?

Or is it possible to get a room with one queen/king and than get like a cot or a futon for me?

And if anyone knows a decent place to stay near Kyoto station, I'd love to hear about it. I'm hoping to stay in a place for ¥12,000 or under a night. That would put my share at 4k or under; which I could live with.

Thanks.
Hotels in Japan tend to charge by the person, not by the room. Yes, they have queen size beds in hotels in Japan (not EVERYTHING is smaller there).

I wouldn't count on a cot situation. You can get a room with two double beds and pay the three-person rate.