August 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

Best Summer Month to Visit Japan - 06-02-2010, 08:57 PM

Each summer month in Japan has its pluses and minuses. What do you think is the best summer month to visit Japan?

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Maishida (Offline)
New to JF

06-03-2010, 04:45 AM

I'm going to have to go with June. There seems to be a new festival almost every 5 days or less. Plus I like the weather during this period. Always bring your umbrella.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-03-2010, 05:17 AM

As someone who doesn't enjoy hot and humid weather it would depend on which part of Japan you are talking about as the weather from one end to the other can be vastly different. Even by June most of Japan is starting to get too hot and humid for my liking except up in the northern areas. I wouldn't even consider travelling south of Hokkaido in July or August. So I'd go for June before it gets too hot but I understand down south this is the start of the wet season?
Although I've been here for 5 years now I've only been out of Hokkaido a couple of times!
If I was to travel down south I'd more look at late Oct into Nov I think when it's really started to cool down again.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Teris (Offline)
JF Regular

06-03-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maishida View Post
I'm going to have to go with June. There seems to be a new festival almost every 5 days or less. Plus I like the weather during this period. Always bring your umbrella.
I'm leaving for Japan in 3 hours and will be there for 10 days. Are there any festivals in particular in the Tokyo or Kyoto areas that you'd recommend?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-03-2010, 10:54 PM

I associate festivals more with August than June, as it is still rainy season in June.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

06-04-2010, 07:11 AM

i don't like summer here.. but i would probably choose August more festivals

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#7 (permalink))
Old
CoryInJapan (Offline)
New to JF

06-06-2010, 08:01 PM

I hear its better to go any month thats not the summer and not rainy season.Reason being is its cheaper and less tourists.

I could be wrong.This is what my Japanese friend told me.Since there is always cool things going on in Japan.

I guess if the only time u can go is in the summer then Im guessing august,but its uber hot there at that time.This isn't from personal experience.Just previous research Ive done.

EDIT:I would also like to state that I did not see the poll results till after I posted this.Seems that I am right.

If you seek mans approval,it will be man who makes you who you are."From the bible,but doesn't say it just like that"
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2010, 08:29 PM

It seems interesting that "less tourists" would be a selling point for Japan, as I can't ever remember thinking there were more or less tourists at any time of the year, simply because Japan is not really a tourist-friendly or tourist-heavy country. (That is compared to places like Hawaii, where you can see a noticeable difference in the volume of tourists.)
(#9 (permalink))
Old
CoryInJapan (Offline)
New to JF

06-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It seems interesting that "less tourists" would be a selling point for Japan, as I can't ever remember thinking there were more or less tourists at any time of the year, simply because Japan is not really a tourist-friendly or tourist-heavy country. (That is compared to places like Hawaii, where you can see a noticeable difference in the volume of tourists.)
Well Im just going by the fact that most people that want to go to japan. Most either go in the summer, or a holiday.

So plain tickets are cheaper when u go at time that are not summer/ a holiday.Hence less people traveling to japan.

Was really meaning it was tourist heavy or friendly.Just talking in general really.

If you seek mans approval,it will be man who makes you who you are."From the bible,but doesn't say it just like that"
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ishikawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-09-2010, 10:17 AM

I think I'd rather go to Japan during a colder season.

xD