JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
platypeese (Offline)
New to JF

06-11-2010, 06:52 AM

I'm also studying abroad this fall but I will be at Osaka University. =)

How long are you guys staying?
full year

Student visa process....? it's detailed in the packet. my process is to fill out a form to give to the university to give to immigration and then they send you a reply form where you go to the consulate in your city to request a visa.

Have you heard back from the college you are applying yet?
yup. just recently like.. earlier this week!

Did you receive the Jasso Scholarship? I'm not sure. On my acceptance letter it listed School, Scholarship and in the details it said JASSO but that could mean I either got it or it's the scholarship I applied for....

Estimation of how much money you think would be enough for a full year? your university should give you a rough estimate. usually anywhere between $20,000 - $30,000 for a year.

Your packing plans: somewhat lightly. I plan to ship most of my winter clothes before I leave so that I can settle in before they arrive.

Are you buying or already have one a electronic Japanese-English translator? I'm trying to make this trip kinda frugal. Generally I hear a decent electronic dictionary sells for about $300 but I settled for the Nintendo DS game since I don't think I'll need to look up overly complex vocabulary up in the dictionary like quantum mechanics or anything. It depends on the comfort of your level and how much you'll actually use the dictionary.

Hope this helps! I'm currently looking for when we'll know official results for JASSO, but no luck so far.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-11-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypeese View Post

Did you receive the Jasso Scholarship? I'm not sure. On my acceptance letter it listed School, Scholarship and in the details it said JASSO but that could mean I either got it or it's the scholarship I applied for....
On my acceptance letter it didn't say anything about a scholarship...it just just had my name,track, university name, and month of arrival ...

Well i wont drawn to conclusion yet but i did recieve another scholarship that is helping out alot. i just want to make sure i have enough money.

Do you know what classes you are going to take already platypeese?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-15-2010, 01:43 PM

So I got accepted into Temple. I'm moving to Tokyo in August.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#14 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-15-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
So I got accepted into Temple. I'm moving to Tokyo in August.
Awesome! that great my college doesnt start until september 27, but me and my friend are leaving August 25 to goof off in Tokyo. its gonna be awesome
(#15 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-15-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousee09 View Post
Awesome! that great my college doesnt start until september 27, but me and my friend are leaving August 25 to goof off in Tokyo. its gonna be awesome
Thanks. The school told me to arrive in Tokyo no later than August 18th, so I'm going to buy my plane ticket a day early.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#16 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2010, 07:59 PM

I emailed my college in japan and it said that I was nominated for the Jasso Scholarship, but I will not know if I officially recieved the scholarship until the beginning week in July. i hope i get it.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-22-2010, 02:09 AM

I GOT THE JASSO SCHOLARSHIP! ok im set for japan!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
fionafungcl (Offline)
New to JF

06-22-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I just heard back from the university in Japan. I got accepted! YAY! now im just waiting on the packet so that i can get the student visas papers and know if i got the jasso scholarship!
hi, i will go to Kyushu Uni in late Sep, I am still waiting for that Jasso scholarship but i dont have hope in it coz i dun have good GPA >.<
by the way, the Japanese university told u or ur home uni told u that got it?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-22-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionafungcl View Post
hi, i will go to Kyushu Uni in late Sep, I am still waiting for that Jasso scholarship but i dont have hope in it coz i dun have good GPA >.<
by the way, the Japanese university told u or ur home uni told u that got it?
I received an email from my Japanese University that I received the Jasso Scholarship. I emailed them a week ago and they told me that they nominated my for the scholarship, but you have to get the official email stating that you received the Jasso Scholarship. I have the minimium requirement for the gpa requirement, what is your gpa if you do not mind me asking? They basically look at if you really need the money or not and an average gpa.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
fionafungcl (Offline)
New to JF

06-23-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
I received an email from my Japanese University that I received the Jasso Scholarship. I emailed them a week ago and they told me that they nominated my for the scholarship, but you have to get the official email stating that you received the Jasso Scholarship. I have the minimium requirement for the gpa requirement, what is your gpa if you do not mind me asking? They basically look at if you really need the money or not and an average gpa.
my gpa only gets .... like 3.3 out of 4 >.< !! but i dunno whether they know i have any need for money... i feel sooo nervous now!! coz its almost late June and i probably dun hv enough money /-\