JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
daisy2 (Offline)
New to JF

WHV/dual nat visa question - 08-12-2010, 09:50 AM

Hi, basically I'm interested in applying for a WHV. I have previously had a WHV 6 years ago and I am aware that visas are only issued once to the same person. Unfortunately my visa got cut short at the time when I was in Japan as I left the country without a re-entry permit (I didn't know) I came back and my visa was canceled. I looked into re-applying but everyone (foreign affairs and Japanese consulate said no) therefore had to leave Japan.
So I was wondering if anyone possibly knows, now that is has been 6 years and because I never had the chance to use the visa for its full period, if I could re-apply and be accepted?
I also have dual nationality. I thought I could reapply on my other passport. However, when applying for a WHV, when the question asks if I have been on a WHV visa before, I'm not quite sure how to answer. Should I answer yes or no, because technically I have never had a visa on my other passport? If I answer yes, should I mention it was my other passport? or should I not say the truth and say it was a working visa? Either way I have to say I have had a visa as my resume shows I have previously worked in Japan.

I very much appreciate in any help, anyone can give, thankyou.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
08-12-2010, 10:09 AM

I don´t think you can get the Visa again. It got cut short but it was your own mistake because you left the country without a re-entry permit. WHV is a once in a life visa. I´m not sure you can get the Visa with your other passport but i think thats cheating and could get you into trouble if they find out. If you write yes in the application i don´t think you will get it even if you explain it was another passport.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
daisy2 (Offline)
New to JF

08-14-2010, 03:08 PM

Hi, thank you very much for your advice and opinions. What you've said, I think so too, I guess I'm just being too hopeful. I checked out some of your pics on your blog, they were good, pity I cant read German. Thanks again.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
08-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog!

Well the only other option i see is that you could do wwoofing in Japan on a tourist visa. It won´t pay anything but you get food and accomodation for your work and you can enjoy living with a japanese family.
I know another german who just finished some wwoofing in Japan, so if you are interested i could give you his contact details.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)