JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Hello, need some opinions please! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/32280-hello-need-some-opinions-please.html)

MikeyJohn 06-09-2010 09:29 PM

Hello, need some opinions please!

Hi,
first off, I'm new to JF so sorry if i'm a bit of a newbie at all this, I don't normaly go on forums and such.

Well basicly I'm headed to Japan for three weeks with my best friend alx, we're going to Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Nagoya and then fianly back to Toyko. Big trip! I really would apreciate it if people could sugges things to see in these places that they really loved so that we can have a great trip!

If anyone wants to give really detailed advice do feel free to message me, and if you want to be friends that'd be cool to! =)

thanks in advance!

Mikey!

rebam 06-09-2010 09:56 PM

well one of them i liked was trhe tokyo tower. it was amazing and i love the ueno zoo

MMM 06-09-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyJohn (Post 815063)
Hi,
first off, I'm new to JF so sorry if i'm a bit of a newbie at all this, I don't normaly go on forums and such.

Well basicly I'm headed to Japan for three weeks with my best friend alx, we're going to Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Nagoya and then fianly back to Toyko. Big trip! I really would apreciate it if people could sugges things to see in these places that they really loved so that we can have a great trip!

If anyone wants to give really detailed advice do feel free to message me, and if you want to be friends that'd be cool to! =)

thanks in advance!

Mikey!

How did you choose the cities you are planning on going to?

MikeyJohn 06-09-2010 10:36 PM

Hi, thanks rebam!
MMM,
my friend chose the cities really, were gonig through a group that organized our tour with us so they helped to.
Sorry if i reply late, its geting kinda late here so i may be alseep! lol

junbolala 06-10-2010 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyJohn (Post 815063)
we're going to Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Nagoya and then fianly back to Toyko.

You shouldn't go to Nagoya.There is nothing special to see.I wonder why your friend picked up Nagoya.

MMM 06-10-2010 03:12 AM

I have to agree it does seem like an odd list. Miyajima and Hakone, but no Nara or Osaka?

MikeyJohn 06-10-2010 11:33 AM

Well I we have the JR rail pass, so we were thinking of hoping on a train to Osaka and doing a bit of extra exploring. So if these places are a bit odd to visit, does any one know the nice places there so absolve it?

=)

Mike795 06-15-2010 05:54 PM

This website has some great suggestions for Tokyo, especially if you're a bit adventurous and want to experience things really unique to Japan:

Tokyo travel guide for essential sights & attractions in Tokyo Japan - UnmissableTOKYO.com

If been to most of those places myself and can thoroughly recomend them.

I've not been to Miyajima, but have heard that it's a bit of an overrated tourist trap.

I liked Nagoya - it has a really nice castle, and a nice more relaxed feel to it than most Japanese cities - but other than that there's not a whole lot to see in the way of tourist attractions.

I definetly would keep Hakone - hot springs are one of the best and most unique features of Japan - and Hakone has heaps of them - plus the national park is quite nice as well.

Neffiline 06-16-2010 03:58 PM

I visited Hakone after going to Mt. Fuji and thought it was a bit boring... so if you can I would avoid it unless you want a day just to chill and maybe buy souvenirs.

While I was in Japan I didn't go to Osaka and I regret not going, it looks really awesome, perhaps you could include it in your trip?

AllYouCanJapan 06-17-2010 10:39 AM

No Nagoya, Miyajima is Amazing

Like other said, leave out Nagoya.

Miyajima is not a tourist trap - it's truly amazing and worth going if you are in Hiroshima - 10 min ride away on the ferry (which is free with a JR pass). I suggest you hike there by foot a little too.

I have a post on Miyajima on my blog, as well as other useful Japan travel tips which you can check out - Smart & Cheap Japan Travel. The book that I am publishing soon shows how to travel the right way in Japan and do so economically.