JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NotSoGoodLookingSam (Offline)
New to JF

I want to do something adventurous - 07-21-2010, 02:03 AM

First of all a big hello. BIG BIG BIG HELLO. Been browsing the site and I wanted my first post to be me saying HELLO YOUR SITE IS AWESOME.

My name's Sam. Notsogoodlookingsam. Formerly Couldhavebeenworsesam but it got worse. I like a little bit of anime, a little bit of asian food, but my BIG BIG LOVES are japanese horror movies (the way they tell their stories) and different cultures. I live in England, and I've decided one thing I want to experience and feel is the Japanese sensation. I'd like some basic pointers on my wish to go to Japan sometime next year and I'd love it if you awesome folks here could help me out.

Some pointers for a first timer? Dangers from travelling alone? Things that are taboo and I must not doing? Any really great sites? I'm thinking Tokyo, because one of my things to do before I die is ride the Shinjuku train where you get 4,000,000,000 people in a carriage, which is just kick ass. I'd also love to visit the exterior of the house they used for The Grudge but I don't know where it is, if it still exists. Arcades, temples, harbours, anything you think is cool.

Also just a big hello.

Azumanga Daioh had all the wisdom I needed in life
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-21-2010, 05:13 AM

The more specific the questions you ask, the more specific the answers you will get. I could write a book about advice for first-timers to Japan, and have written many pages on these forums answering that question.